Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

He needs to calm down, trying to do too much and achieving nothing.

I'd put him left back for the Newcastle game.

He had a run there under MON and was OK, who remembers that pass down the line he hit!?

He can't be worse than Cissokho. Well he could, but it's unlikely. We NEED some attacking impetus from that area, we get the ball too much out there and do nothing with it.

Good call!

What the hell has happened to the guy from last season? He doesn't drive with the ball, he doesn't make tackles and just looks awful.

When you look at the difference between benteke and delph 2 years ago and now you can see just how much confidence has changed in these players.

• Like 2

Signing a new contract at least means we get some money for him in the summer

I said in January that a new contract for Delph was worth it just for that.

There seems to be people who think nobody will want him.

it's just not true.

• Like 2

He needs to calm down, trying to do too much and achieving nothing.

I'd put him left back for the Newcastle game.

He had a run there under MON and was OK, who remembers that pass down the line he hit!?

He can't be worse than Cissokho. Well he could, but it's unlikely. We NEED some attacking impetus from that area, we get the ball too much out there and do nothing with it.

Good call!

I remember him playing LB about twice under Mcleish.

There is no way I would play Delph at LB.

1. He has no discipline what so ever.

2. Having wingers running at him is just begging for him to get sent off.

• Like 1

absolute clown, all he does is give the ball away and concede stupid free-kicks. 

im not picking on him because of some vendetta but because he is absolute crap and them brief glimpses of averageness a few seasons back will be best we get from him

• Like 1

Needs to pick up and play like an international or he will be playing against the likes of Millwall and SHA next season.

No matter what happens to Villa, it's very unlikely he'll be playing in the Championship. 

Not to me, don't rate him at all. A lot of players I would of bought instead of him.

Somebody in the PL will want him, it just probably won't be as big a team as he's expecting. At the start of the season, it seemed possible to imagine him being a squad player at Spurs or Everton or somewhere. I don't think he'll find a top half team with the way he's playing, but he's not long since been an England debutante, he will get purchased if we go down (assuming the club wants and needs to sell him). 

Â