Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Kind of feel he's starting to do a bit too much with regards the added responsibility on the pitch and probable captaincy when Vlaar leaves.

If you remember Ashley Young in his final season here was like that. Was handed the captaincy on a regular basis to try to convince him to stay and as a result he stopped popping up in all areas of the pitch, sometimes doing too much. I remember one game when we were losing at home against Sunderland and he was taking a free kick in the last minute on the halfway line!

Sometimes you can work too hard and that can be to the detriment of the team. That and he's just going through a poor period of form as it's been a run of games now where he's been below par.

Neither do i but there's nothing wrong with someone thinking a player takes too many risks and another doesn't take enough.

I think there is, personally - surely if one CM isn't taking any risks, then the other has a bit more license to? Maybe he's been told to play that way?

Neither do i but there's nothing wrong with someone thinking a player takes too many risks and another doesn't take enough.

I think there is, personally - surely if one CM isn't taking any risks, then the other has a bit more license to? Maybe he's been told to play that way?

Thats not really the point i'm debating though. and i dont think for a second that one of them is told to take no risks and the other the opposie.

dreadful again tonight, people can moan about Agbonlahor and Lambert getting long new contracts but Delph isnt far behind in my complaints. offers nothing at all

Over rated before his contract was signed, needs disipline, there is none at this club.

Really?

I wrote what I wrote in a bit of anger, but I am still of that opinion today. I have written many times about it in the MotM voting threads. He has some tricks and attributes, but is way overrated. In my opinion of course.

This season he hasn't received the love he did in the past. He has tools, he needs to use them a lot better.

And mind you, most overrated doesn't mean shit in this case. It means not on another planet, but still ok.

Ive always thought he was overrated too in fairness. Will run 500 miles do something brilliant then fall over or give it away. Looks clumsy. He has moments of class though. Perhaps with a more settled team he will improve.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â