Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Maybe it took a while to reach a deal.

Maybe it does take a while to get all parties officially in a room to sort it out, they always said they were 'talking' to Delph. I like to think that with all the hard work they do in training at BMH they don't get much chance to do the 'paperwork' ;) .

Possibly could have been decided a while back that he was signing a new contract, maybe around the time when the season started looking bleaker and the fans were becoming unhappy. It's perfect, positive PR ammunition to have that can maybe raise a bit of cheer, so they saved it to use at an important time. I think it had a really good effect, and also the media fallout of it has been mostly positive. It's been linked with some follow up interviews with Delph and Tom Fox and there's just a bit of positive buzz floating around atm with a slight hint of optimism, which is a nice change. I also believed a lot of Delphs reasons for staying and felt he was genuine, he's really gone up in my estimations. I think it's an overall nice change to have that bit of loyalty shown in football. Loyalty to Aston Villa for a change too. I also love the media being gobsmacked and trying to work out why he stayed. They see it as no-one ever stays at Villa, especially recently, Barry, Milner, Young, Tommy Johnson :P. Anyway, i just like how it's a bit rebellious of him to not do what most expected, it just gives me a bit of an edge this week when i'm enjoying all the non-conformists being different. With their long hair and their music. Their Motorcycles and their denim.

• Like 4

Really not sure what is so negative about him signing.

1) We keep a good player, who I hope can add goals to his game.

2) It makes other players (at other teams) wonder what is so good that Fab wants to stay. Makes us seem attractive.

3) It's just really positive news for once!

• Like 2

As Villa fans good news has been a thing thin on the ground for a while. We have had a week of good news and I think some people are sceptical because we haven't had for a while. Delph said leaving on a free wouldn't sit right so he's basically paying us back for looking after him. If in 18mths we are still in the same position he'll leave for a big fee he will get what he deserves for showing loyalty and we will for not matching his ambitions. It's all good news. He has thrown the gauntlet down to Villa saying I've signed but I want to be challenging. Now it's over to us to get him where he and us the fans want to be. Everyone assumed he was off. He would have had loads of offers and would probably have doubled his wages else where but he signed for us and loyalty is a dying thing in football so if he mentions it a lot he deserves to. Delph resigning, the Gil signing hopefully tieing up the Sinclair deal today aswell as a good cup draw are a few things that we should be happy about. For once it seems we are moving in the right direction how long for who knows. Enjoy it whilst we can.

• Like 1

So Delph signs a new deal = reason to moan

Delph doesnt sign = reason to moan

Fab just so its clear

It's almost like different people on this forum have different opinions.... 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

So Delph signs a new deal = reason to moan

Delph doesnt sign = reason to moan

Fab just so its clear

It's almost like different people on this forum have different opinions....

Yep it is a funny comment. It's not as though it is the same people all of the time.

2) It makes other players (at other teams) wonder what is so good that Fab wants to stay. Makes us seem attractive.

There is no negativity towards him signing.

There is no negativity towards him signing.

There is (sometimes justifiable) negativity towards the club which reflects in the way we went about signing Delph.

There is (sometimes justifiable) negativity towards the club which reflects in the way we went about signing Delph.

I dunno. Maybe Delph was holding out to see who wanted him? Perhaps no one else did? Can't blame the club for that.

We offered him a contract that was desirable enough for him to sign - eventually. I'm happy with that.

• Like 1

I love the way Delph was there to greet Sinclair. Like he’s gone from being halfway out the door to committing his long term future to Villa and turning into some kind of club mascot. I like to think he wasn’t in reception just to meet Sinclair, he’s actually there all day hi-5ing everyone who comes in. I wonder if we gave the BMH switchboard a call would Fabian pick up?

Obviously since his contract took a hit, he must be doing some over time to and pick up extra shifts to make up for it. Lad.

• Like 1

I love the way Delph was there to greet Sinclair. Like he’s gone from being halfway out the door to committing his long term future to Villa and turning into some kind of club mascot. I like to think he wasn’t in reception just to meet Sinclair, he’s actually there all day hi-5ing everyone who comes in. I wonder if we gave the BMH switchboard a call would Fabian pick up?

He actually waited behind because he wanted to be there to meet him, apparently. Captain.

I'll have what Yillan's drinking. He seems to know more about Fabian Delph than Fabian Delph does.

Oh please. It's very nice to think that Fabian Delph loves AVFC as much as you do and wants to stay here forever and ever and become a club legend in a period at the club that most will hope to forget, but it's the opinion of maybe an 8 year old.

Everything that has come out since he signed the contract has been retrospective posturing. Tom Fox is talking journeys. This club is on a journey. Every club is on a journey. Read the promotional literature Aston Villa send to potential sponsors about the proud history and now this journey. All sort of filters on pictures of the ground and the gates to make it look like a mystical land where the walls chant Villa. At the end of the day, you're still getting your plastic glass of beer and your pie, doing a running poo and watching Villa play really terrible terrible football.

Fabian Delph was not convinced of the 'journey' Villa are on any more than I am. Sure his relationship with Villa might be worth a million to him, but no more. £3 million+ is almost the same to him as it is to you or I. I would perform a sex act on a smelly tramp every day for an entire year for £3 million. I think Fabian Delph would probably be able to handle moving up to North London for four years.

d

FFS mate....would you like the samaritans phone number?

• Like 2

If I was a footballer good enough to play for the Aston VIlla first team I wouldn't entertain the idea of playing for anyone else not for money (I'd probably be made for life anyway) and not for medals. Delph obviously feels the same way, his emotional investment in the club is bigger than any financial investment anyone could ever offer him to tempt him away. He's even pals with the cleaners he said.

Obviously since his contract took a hit, he must be doing some over time to and pick up extra shifts to make up for it. Lad.

That's probably how he's built up his relationship with the 'canteen staff' and 'cleaners'.  Aston Villa as a club is homeward bound and it's an incredible journey for everyone involved.

Â