Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

think it's interesting that Delph usually seems to walk off the pitch with Westwood, talking. They seem close in a footballing environment and with the amount of time they've played & trained together i think that if one starts, so should the other.

similar thing i see of Gabby and Weimann (walking and talking off the pitch each 45) but thats another topic

I hope he gets his England chance and impresses but i feel it is a real shame that most, myself included, see an England call-up for our better young players over the last 10-15 years as an inevitable slippery to their sale a year or 2 later.

Did brilliantly hassling the Hull players but continues to make the wrong choice going forward.  Should've played in Grealish when we were 3-on-2 with 10 mins or so to go; instead hit a very tame effort.  For how to do it, see Westwood's pass through to Bent.

If he improves this, though, he'll be some player.  His energy levels and quick feet are fantastic.

Yet in the Grealish thread people are complaining that in almost the exact same position Grealish should have shot rather than passed it to Delph.

Harry Hindsight strikes again. 

Strange, eh?  I actually think Grealish did the right thing, as did Delph in that final move (i.e: running beyond to get the ball back again).  As I said above, though, the other chance HAD to be passed out wide.

He still had a great game though.  He made the Hull defenders/midfielders panic into losing possession (including being a key part in Weimann's goal) and showed his ability to drive with the ball is second to none in our side.  I love the way he changes feet quickly whilst sprinting; it draws so many fouls.

Did brilliantly hassling the Hull players but continues to make the wrong choice going forward. Should've played in Grealish when we were 3-on-2 with 10 mins or so to go; instead hit a very tame effort. For how to do it, see Westwood's pass through to Bent.

If he improves this, though, he'll be some player. His energy levels and quick feet are fantastic.

Yet in the Grealish thread people are complaining that in almost the exact same position Grealish should have shot rather than passed it to Delph.

Harry Hindsight strikes again.

Strange, eh? I actually think Grealish did the right thing, as did Delph in that final move (i.e: running beyond to get the ball back again). As I said above, though, the other chance HAD to be passed out wide.

He still had a great game though. He made the Hull defenders/midfielders panic into losing possession (including being a key part in Weimann's goal) and showed his ability to drive with the ball is second to none in our side. I love the way he changes feet quickly whilst sprinting; it draws so many fouls.

I actually agree with you. But it highlights the fine lines, they play the game at such a pace and without the birds eye view that we do. Delph saw the goal open up for him and he fancied a pop. No real complaints here.

Â