Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

80 mins

Fabian Delph may well be man-of-the-match. He's been excellent, winning it, giving it easy, zipping passes out wide.

Still won't start against Switzerland though.

Of course not, but hey, who gives a shit. I want him fresh for Villa.

• Like 2

So, didn't watch the match. Delph was good then? 

You know the way England just seem to pass it sideways and then eventually try an overly ambitious pass with no end result? 

Well when Delph came on he sort of interrupted that. In fact, they seemed quite confused really as to what was going on.

• Like 2

He gave England lots of energy after a piss poor lethargic I'm gonna get picked so I don't give a shit performance from some of the others, won the ball and kept it really simple, just couldn't get the ball back from welbeck / sterling / sturridge despite good runs and good positioning

• Like 2

He gave England lots of energy after a piss poor lethargic I'm gonna get picked so I don't give a shit performance from some of the others, won the ball and kept it really simple, just couldn't get the ball back from welbeck / sterling / sturridge despite good runs and good positioning

probably because he's not in their clique. Doubt they wouldn't have returned the pass to each other

Didn't he even misplace a pass? Be interesting to see his pass completion percentage.

Apparently 95% but I can't think of a pass he misplaced?

Was that the one where Henderson couldn't be arsed to move a yard to meet it?

Did sell him short tbf

Sounds like he played well. Good news.

I remember when other fans laughed at the idea of Barry playing international football. Delph is the same, other fans have no clue how good he is. I think he could play for the top teams in the prem.

I know there is another thread for this, but this seriously p*sses me off! Just because he doesn't play for one of the 'Sky' teams...

Wouldn't take it too seriously, their aim is to pander to masses mindset and elicit a reaction

Â