Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Lambert on contract:

Lambert admits securing the future of Delph, who was a £6m signing from Leeds in 2009, is high on his list of priorities.

"As soon as you are getting picked for England things escalate, so we will have to sit and see what he thinks himself," he said

"This has been thrown at him. England will be first and foremost on his mind.

"The way Fabian is his contract won't enter his head at the moment, he's playing well."

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue

Lambert on contract:

Lambert admits securing the future of Delph, who was a £6m signing from Leeds in 2009, is high on his list of priorities.

"As soon as you are getting picked for England things escalate, so we will have to sit and see what he thinks himself," he said

"The way Fabian is his contract won't enter his head at the moment, he's playing well."

I hope that we do manage to commit him to a new deal. My fear right now is that we have had a bid for Delph and Lambert is lining up Cleverly as a possible replacement, which I really do not want to happen.

By the way, congrats to Fab on his England call-up. Should have happened at some point during last season with the form he showed!

Lambert on contract:

I hope that we do manage to commit him to a new deal. My fear right now is that we have had a bid for Delph and Lambert is lining up Cleverly as a possible replacement, which I really do not want to happen.

By the way, congrats to Fab on his England call-up. Should have happened at some point during last season with the form he showed!

Should have tied him down to a new deal last year.

Edited by rodders0223

Saying "we should have tied him down" or " the board should be working on this" is nonsense. We have no idea what conversations are going on - whatever is said in public by Delph, Lambert or anyone else. I don't know how the bloke who sits across from me in work is getting on in his payrise discussion so to think we know anything about contract negotiations is naive at best.

• Like 2

Saying "we should have tied him down" or " the board should be working on this" is nonsense. We have no idea what conversations are going on - whatever is said in public by Delph, Lambert or anyone else. I don't know how the bloke who sits across from me in work is getting on in his payrise discussion so to think we know anything about contract negotiations is naive at best.

We knew that grealish had not had anyone speak to him and those quotes from Lambert don't make it sound like we've done much about it. Also the way this clubs been run for the last few years leads me to doubt we're doing the right things well.

I won't labour the point as people will have their own views, but Grealish not getting an offer doesn't me a. people aren't talking to Delph. Not that I'm saying they are. I am sure you are right, but people moaning it hasn't happened with no idea of the conversations going on is silly.

But Adam, Lambert's only just said "we will have to sit and see what he thinks", so that either means we haven't spoken to him about a contract, or we've said something like "Here's what we want to offer, we'll leave it with you and talk to you another time" (which seems a bit unprofessional).

But Adam, Lambert's only just said "we will have to sit and see what he thinks", so that either means we haven't spoken to him about a contract, or we've said something like "Here's what we want to offer, we'll leave it with you and talk to you another time" (which seems a bit unprofessional).

Why is that unprofessional? We've not had a CEO for over a month, with all the ownership shit going on too, Lambert has been flying the flag alone. Is no wonder this stuff hadn't been sorted yet.

Give Fox a little time, he doesn't start until Tuesday!

Rob, my only point is that what Paul Lambert tells us RE contractual negotiations might not be entirely true. Again, I'm not saying what he has said isn't 100% accurate, but he might be well into conversations with Delph's people but not want that to be public for whatever reason. Anyway - this is all irrelevant. I think most of us hope he signs a new deal now we have a new CEO in.

Superb closing down this first half, very impressive.

Whether or not we'd play this midfield against other teams I don't know, but a trio of Westwood sitting deep, Delph more box-to-box and Richardson making runs behind the Hull defence is working very well.  So much more dynamic and fluid than we've been previously.

Did brilliantly hassling the Hull players but continues to make the wrong choice going forward.  Should've played in Grealish when we were 3-on-2 with 10 mins or so to go; instead hit a very tame effort.  For how to do it, see Westwood's pass through to Bent.

If he improves this, though, he'll be some player.  His energy levels and quick feet are fantastic.

Did brilliantly hassling the Hull players but continues to make the wrong choice going forward.  Should've played in Grealish when we were 3-on-2 with 10 mins or so to go; instead hit a very tame effort.  For how to do it, see Westwood's pass through to Bent.

If he improves this, though, he'll be some player.  His energy levels and quick feet are fantastic.

Yet in the Grealish thread people are complaining that in almost the exact same position Grealish should have shot rather than passed it to Delph.

Harry Hindsight strikes again. 

Â