Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

It has just been pointed out to me that Luton are 3-2 up against Blackburn, yet have only had one shot on target all game. This has amused me (I have no malice to either team, just found it funny)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bickster said:

It has just been pointed out to me that Luton are 3-2 up against Blackburn, yet have only had one shot on target all game. This has amused me (I have no malice to either team, just found it funny)

2 own goals and a pen, you know it’s your lucky day when that happens.

Not sure how they judge a big chance on this app, only 1 in the game but 5 goals.

CCA6-C5-E0-7980-4-CB3-B105-5-B9-B19-AF48

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

2 own goals and a pen, you know it’s your lucky day when that happens.

Not sure how they judge a big chance on this app, only 1 in the game but 5 goals.

CCA6-C5-E0-7980-4-CB3-B105-5-B9-B19-AF48

I'd definitely be turning off and reloading that if I was playing Football Manager.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

And they stayed up because of it too!

I think it's brilliant that they have.

Coming back from dropping down from the Championship into non league football in 2014 then rising through the leagues again and staying in the Championship in the space of 6 years is remarkable.

They suffered when Nathan Jones left them for Stoke and I bet they are glad to have him back now. It was evident that he'd been gone to long.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Ah the heady days of playing Blackburn 17 times in one season. It certainly bloody felt like it. 

They actually were heady days.  Not without its faults but the best team we've had this millennium.  

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 3

I have had an issue with my TV remote for ages now. It basically drains the batteries really quickly. I change the batteries, and despite hardly ever using the remote (I mostly use the sky remote which does most things) in I reckon 4-6 weeks the batteries are dead in the TV remote.

I always kind of assumed it was just because it's a smart TV and the remote has voice control and all that jazz that they just don't last very long.

But went to my mate's recently who has the same TV and remote and he said he's never changed the batteries in his and it works fine!

Anyway, what cheered me up was I spoke to Sony expecting to have to fight hard to get anything fixed or replaced, especially as it's 3 and a half years since I bought the TV. It took like 5 minutes and they're just sending me a new one. Barely any questions asked.

Probably should be in the boring thread, but it was an unexpected positive customer service experience!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I have had an issue with my TV remote for ages now. It basically drains the batteries really quickly. I change the batteries, and despite hardly ever using the remote (I mostly use the sky remote which does most things) in I reckon 4-6 weeks the batteries are dead in the TV remote.

I always kind of assumed it was just because it's a smart TV and the remote has voice control and all that jazz that they just don't last very long.

But went to my mate's recently who has the same TV and remote and he said he's never changed the batteries in his and it works fine!

Anyway, what cheered me up was I spoke to Sony expecting to have to fight hard to get anything fixed or replaced, especially as it's 3 and a half years since I bought the TV. It took like 5 minutes and they're just sending me a new one. Barely any questions asked.

Probably should be in the boring thread, but it was an unexpected positive customer service experience!

I love it when companies aren’t difficult to deal with. Perhaps another for the boring thread.

I won’t name the company, but the other day I ordered a crate of beer online for collection at 3pm from their brewery.

Just before setting off on my 40 minute journey there, I checked the order details and noticed it had been cancelled, but the money had come out of my account.

I phoned them up to check what had happened and if I could still come and pick it up.

The bloke on the phone was nice enough but couldn’t help and said he’d get someone to phone me back in 5 minutes. Half an hour later they still hadn’t called back so I phoned them. They said they were sorry, but they can’t work out what’s happened.

I asked if I was okay to come and still pick them up as I knew they were closing shortly and it was the only day I could collect it. They said sure, just come in and we’ll work it out.

I got there about 4:30 and explained what had happened, but they had no idea what I was talking about. I showed them my order details and he found me on the system. Then he looked at his watch, “ah, you were supposed to collect it at 3...but no worries”

annoyed grumpy cat GIF

I was looking forward for an excuse to go for a drive and get out the house for a bit, but it really wasn’t worth it.

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I am finding myself looking for opportunities to take a drive somewhere at the moment too.

I’m missing shouting along to my music at a million decibels.

Without question. I have new CDs that are crying out for a long drive. Don’t get me started on Taylor Swift announcing a new album. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I love it when companies aren’t difficult to deal with. Perhaps another for the boring thread.

I'll add a mention to BA  ... my cancelled Aug trip essentially involved 12 people on 5 different bookings for various reasons .. I rung up to rebook for March using the vouchers and the woman was really good ... she double-checked we could all get on the same  flights before physically confirming , sorted it in such a way that we got the cheapest available fare  and one of my mates who had paid his own booking, so I couldn't redeem use his voucher , she rung him whilst I was on the line and got him sorted via his voucher as well

I mean it's their job and  all that , but I expected a right palaver sorting it out all if i'm honest ,

• Like 2

Â