Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

5 hours ago, bickster said:

Regardless of it he wins (and a part of me wants everyone to beat the Scum) in most peoples heads this is the view....

Before: That Depp is a bit of a wild one

After: Wifebeater

The court of public opinion can me much harsher than a court of law

He's absolutely killed his reputation

Do you mean she has? What could he have done different if it's actually all rubbish? 

Personally I think they really need to make false accussations of rape and violence/ wife beatings, to be punished equally if it was reversed, if that's understandable. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

30 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Saw some quotes from his testimony this week and... I mean, this is actually turning into the plot of The Room, isn't it?

Watch The Disaster Artist Official Trailer #1 - FizzleTop

I watched this for the first time last weekend. I'm still stunned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Do you mean she has? What could he have done different if it's actually all rubbish? 

Personally I think they really need to make false accussations of rape and violence/ wife beatings, to be punished equally if it was reversed, if that's understandable. 

No, I definitely mean he has. What could he have done differently? Ignored it in the first place

2 hours ago, bickster said:

No, I definitely mean he has. What could he have done differently? Ignored it in the first place

I don't think so. If someone calls you a wife beater in your country of residence. You lose multi million deals and Disney kicks you off your careers biggest job? And you're supposed to say nothing? I don't think so. No chance. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

17 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don't think so. If someone calls you a wife beater in your country of residence. You lose multi million deals and Disney kicks you off your careers biggest job? And you're supposed to say nothing? I don't think so. No chance. 

Do you see him regaining any of that here? All he's succeeding in doing is digging a bigger hole career wise, regardless of the result of the court case.

FWIW I hope he wins, just because I like seeing Murdoch lose money

Went to my folks house today for the first time in 4 months. Good to see them and chat to them properly. Sat in the garden and had a lovely few hours.

On the flip side, my **** arms are so burnt they resemble twiglets. It wasn't even that warm! 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I went down to see my brother in Bournemouth today, everything feels like it's getting a bit closer to normal now.  Cheered me up a bit.

Yeah, they should be a championship team too again soon. 

45 minutes ago, choffer said:

Mumsnet Crawley doing the do. 

*there might be an audible Scouser

FTFY

It's pretty good that its a bunch of predominantly white mums and kids, they can't even use the footage to say they were intimidated by thugs, like they usually do

• Like 3

On 11/07/2020 at 20:01, Xela said:

On the flip side, my **** arms are so burnt they resemble twiglets. It wasn't even that warm! 

It seems many think UV strength is related to temperature. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve reminded family and friends you’re more likely to burn on a cool clear day in April/May than a hot hazy day in July/August. Often ignored followed 24 hours later by a red faced person complaining ‘it wasn’t even that hot’. A breeze on a fairly clear May, June or July day seems to catch many people out.

• Like 2

Â