Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

I think they need to establish why she shat the bed. If she was really ill and accidentally let a little nugget out then I think he's being pretty harsh.

If she perched on the headboard and curled one out on his pillow for a laugh, then I agree that'd kill the romance somewhat. Unless you're Voinjama of course.

Going purely off the headline I assumed she’d done it as some kind of revenge or protest. You see, I thought the silent treatment from my wife was bad. If she started dumping in the bed when I forgot to put the chicken in the oven it could signal the end of our relationship too.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Xann said:

Kelly Brook's new photos.

You wouldn't fit many of those in a suitcase would you?

Great when customer service blunders work in your favour.

Ordered up some Armourdillo cases last week; 1 x bass guitar-sized hard shell, 1 x standard guitar-sized soft shell (for a baritone Tele and a Squier Supersonic due to arrive this month; would've got both as hard shells but sadly the guitar-sized hard shells are all sold out). 

Order arrives and instead of the soft shell guitar one, they've sent a bass-sized soft shell by mistake.  So now I've got two new bass cases; one hard, one soft (KW.gif).  Now I could get some use out of a second bass case for the Sterling Sub-Ray I already own and probably will buy one down the road, but when I do it'll be another hard shell one as they're still available. 

Anywho, I shoot customer services an email, tell them what's gone wrong and list out the exact product number from the original order so they can come and pick up the erroneous soft bass case and send me my soft guitar case.  Apparently my case will be coming from their Leeds store as they have none in the central warehouse.  No biggy, I'll wait.  Courier picks up the bass soft case the next day.  Roll on today and the courier arrives with my new guitar soft case aaaaaaand... this time they've sent me a **** hard shell bass case; we've somehow gotten yet further away from the original order!  However... now I've got a second hard bass case for the (considerably) cheaper cost of soft guitar case.  I think I'll just keep hold of this one.  Hell, I might buy the cheapest Squier they have, see if they send me a Fender American Ultra or something.

• Like 2

On 08/07/2020 at 10:18, Paddywhack said:

I think they need to establish why she shat the bed. If she was really ill and accidentally let a little nugget out then I think he's being pretty harsh.

If she perched on the headboard and curled one out on his pillow for a laugh, then I agree that'd kill the romance somewhat. Unless you're Voinjama of course.

Johnny Depp called her "Amber Turd"

Bravo Johnny. 

• Haha 2

In strictly legal terms, it looks like cut-and-dried libel. He may well have smacked his missus about - but as far as I'm aware she's not taken him to court over it, and he's never been convicted of the offence. So the best The Sun could say is 'alleged' wife-beater if they wanted to avoid being done. 

I really don't know why Mr Depp has done this, as every day goes by, his reputation is being destroyed more and more. I didn't even know he'd ben married, let alone been allegedly abusive to his wife. Regardless of the verdict he looks like he needs locking up for his own good

And again, regardless of the verdict, his ex comes out of this with sympathy, he comes out of it with none. Regardless of any legal verdict

• Like 2

He’s obviously fried his brain with drink and drugs. Too stupid to see that the damage done by the paper is nothing compared to taking them to court is causing.

He also isn’t short of money, and doesn’t appear to be a great husband so someone someone should have told him to just let it go.

12 hours ago, bickster said:

And again, regardless of the verdict, his ex comes out of this with sympathy, he comes out of it with none. Regardless of any legal verdict

You think? I think both come out of this looking mental. Everyone knew Depp was a bit weird but Heard seems a nightmare as well.

Depp was called a wife beater in the paper and if he isn't, then I understand why he has gone after the Sun. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Depp was called a wife beater in the paper and if he isn't, then I understand why he has gone after the Sun

Regardless of it he wins (and a part of me wants everyone to beat the Scum) in most peoples heads this is the view....

Before: That Depp is a bit of a wild one

After: Wifebeater

The court of public opinion can me much harsher than a court of law

He's absolutely killed his reputation

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

He's absolutely killed his reputation

I bet he’ll now lose out on more than the £39m he’s trying to get out of the Scum in studios turning their back on him.

If he loses he could be down more than >£100m with less movies and the legal bills.

What an idiot.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

I bet he’ll now lose out on more than the £39m he’s trying to get out of the Scum in studios turning their back on him.

If he loses he could be down more than >£100m with less movies and the legal bills.

What an idiot.

Nah, career arc innit.

Great popular actor, nominated but never wins.

Personal back story, demons, despair, hits the bottom, the wilderness years, surprise role in come back film that could almost be seen as autobiographical, Oscar winner absolution.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, bickster said:

I really don't know why Mr Depp has done this, as every day goes by, his reputation is being destroyed more and more. I didn't even know he'd ben married, let alone been allegedly abusive to his wife. Regardless of the verdict he looks like he needs locking up for his own good

Also, I mean how many people read the sun anyway, and this that do do you really give a toss what they think?

Added to which anything written in there is to be taken with a pinch of salt anyway.  If I saw a sun headline saying the sun was going to rise in the morning my default position would be that something had happened to the sun that would probably stop it fro rising. 

As you say the court case has probably provided 10 times more exposure than the original story and also added more credence to it in many peoples minds. 

Then again Johnny Depp is clearly borderline with madness, I'm frankly suprised he hasn't made a headline in the VT Deadpool thread yet. 

When I see posts from the Sun on my fb profile I’ve noticed a new trend in them. They tend to post a very unflattering picture of a female celebrity with the caption along the lines of “doesn’t she look fabulous” and then they let the people in the comments state what they wanted to say.

Â