Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Japan is building a walking life size Gundam. In fact they've nearly built it. It's a huge 'walking' robot. It's kinda impressive, and literally like it's stepped out of box art of one of the models.

But this isn't what cheers me up.

China, not to be outdone, is building their own Gundam statue. So what? The Gundam design they're using is the Freedom Gundam...

20 hours ago, brommy said:

It seems many think UV strength is related to temperature. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve reminded family and friends you’re more likely to burn on a cool clear day in April/May than a hot hazy day in July/August. Often ignored followed 24 hours later by a red faced person complaining ‘it wasn’t even that hot’. A breeze on a fairly clear May, June or July day seems to catch many people out.

Aye, don't I know it! 

My forehead currently resembles a pork scratching. I'm more lizard than human at this point with my skin. 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Worst sunburn I ever got was on a cloudy day. 1996, Nottingham, out in a park all day playing for the old Villa mailing list team. Thought nothing of it till I got in the car to go home, looked in the rear view mirror and my head looked like a giant tomato. People were laughing at me all next day at work. 

intervillans1.jpg

Looks like the Tim Sherwood / Remi Garde / Eric Black season! 

5 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I'm more concerned about the bloke that vaguely looks like Mark Bosnich not being the goalkeeper.

Plus a young skinny Boris there as well. 

I think I’ve finally worked out the two species of bat we’ve got outside our house.

Front of house, the bigger bat is noticeably bigger and slower, flies in straight lines up and down about four gardens in a straight line. i reckon that’s a Brown Long Eared bat.

Back of house, zig zagging around, faster, smaller, i reckon that is the Common Pipistrelle.

A bit of guesswork and presumption they will be common species, but yeah, I reckon I’ve cracked it. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I think I’ve finally worked out the two species of bat we’ve got outside our house.

Front of house, the bigger bat is noticeably bigger and slower, flies in straight lines up and down about four gardens in a straight line. i reckon that’s a Brown Long Eared bat.

Back of house, zig zagging around, faster, smaller, i reckon that is the Common Pipistrelle.

A bit of guesswork and presumption they will be common species, but yeah, I reckon I’ve cracked it. 

you trying to work out some recipes?

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Genie said:

My lad was on fire in training today, this was the pick of the goals

864962-CA-C3-D8-4-F24-8-ABB-EA6-F57-B198

He’s free on Tuesday night if needed

He's more likely to score than Davis or Samatta!

• Haha 2

Â