Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Just now, BOF said:

Jesus you're getting worse 😛😂

I confess I did Mooney it (If only to see how many chins Victoria Coren Mitchell has these days) and can honestly say its the first time I've ever encountered the programme. Then I discovered its been on the tellybox for at least 12 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I've watched that programme probably 3 times and I just find Victoria Coren-Mitchell dreadfully dull and unsuited to presenting, plus she's face-punchingly unfunny with her gags.  Her and that show have absolutely zero charisma.  Usually I'll watch anything quiz related but I cannot abide that shit.

sounds like someone is a poor loser :P

My mate has the real hots for VCM  , mind you I've seen the stuff he pulls on a night out so that explains it

On the Only connect theme though , can't believe none of the contestants last night knew who Joey Deacon was  ... do they live under a rock when they aren't out geeking ?

i got the answer on that clue so feeling a bit smug as they needed  another picture 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

On the Only connect theme though , can't believe none of the contestants last night knew who Joey Deacon was  ... do they live under a rock when they aren't out geeking ?

Never heard of him. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Never heard of him. 

Everyone in the in the 70's and 80's who was called a "Joey" , it was becasue of your man Joey Deacon.  If you are around 40-50 years old you should have heard of him.  

"On Blue Peter.  He was a famous ish (I feel they bigged him up on it looking back at the clips) trapeze artist in the 60's of limited appeal,  but he had terrible accident with his head and that.  They collected bottle tops of the milk to melt down and get him a new wheelchair."  He died on the way to get it.  Crushed by a funeral horse going past."  Dark Peter it was that episode,  live as well.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
Fact Checking a few dates and things. Has to be right.

12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Ah, OK, after my time, then. I stopped watching Blue Peter in about 1966. 

It's quite a nice story.

Good brain trapped in a severely dysfunctional body.

Communication at blinking level, Mum dies, all looking pretty bleak.

Then he meets a man that can understand his speech. That was REALLY far out, garbled doesn't cover it.

They start writing, story gets picked up, they're on Blue Peter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Eww gross, you're like 100 or somethin. 

49  going on 14 

my mate is a couple of years older than me  and I rib him about granny pulling if he chats up anyone aged over my age + 1 day  ..saying that , when we go out in Chertsey my age +1 day would more likely make you a great granny

25 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

I can’t be the only one who had to read this twice. 

Sorry but I've run out of new Kenneth Williams pics.....besides, surely it's someone else's turn now ?

I've only ever done 1 graded building (bmag for about 3 years) 

The budget was OK (target cost) but some of it is baffling, the rules on what you can't do, we ripped out an old timber raised access flooring, the state of it underneath was incredible, using timber you don't have the flexibility for the cable runs rendering it pretty pointless... We had to use timber again... Not allowed to change it to modern materials and it was slower and more expensive. .. Its under the **** floor!! Nobody will ever see it or know its even there

The coved plaster in the bmag was something else, did the lead dome too, the workmanship in that (timber dome underneath) is stunning 

That building is pretty nuts, you could spend maybe £2-5m on it every year for the next 10 years in refurb projects and still have more to do, it's like a labyrinth in there 

• Like 1

Â