Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Trailer at the cinema for a film called “Our Ladies “ a girls go wild type film where these girls head off on a trip to Edinburgh 

looked pants tbh , but then at the end came the clear sound of a cover version of In A Big Country ... and I imagined  @bickster and @Seat68 Shouting “Nooooooooooooooooooooo” in unison and started chuckling to myself 

I’m easily pleased 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

A good few years back I had to do some work on a listed building. Simple little project that involved notching out some roof timbers in a few places. I decided to do the right thing and tell the Planners what I was intending.

They e-mailed straight back and were really quite snooty telling me to stop immediately and to formally apply AND they would then formally reject my proposal as I couldn’t touch their precious roof.

I said it wasn’t precious it was clearly fairly new and I believed what I wanted to do was perfectly reasonable and I wasn’t even sure I needed their permission.

Well that sent them **** nuts! I had another e-mail from them explaining that the roof timbers were the salvage of prison ships from the Napoleonic wars and a war with America and I absolutely couldn’t **** touch the roof as it was of international importance. That roof was 200 year old oak warship salvage.

It wasn’t. It was clearly quite new. It had the name of the timber merchant stencilled on it.

So I sent them a picture of the stencilled timbers, with the caption ‘HMS Jewson’.

I snorted a snot bubble.

Thanks.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BOF said:

Ooh, I've come over all @bickster this morning.  A mini workplace soap opera.  Portable fan heater (pic) was borrowed from our office yesterday for use in the Conference room.  They asked and I said yes.  It was never returned.  That's fine, they probably forgot.  I went looking for it this morning.  Couldn't find it.  Went to the person who had borrowed it and asked for it back.  They looked all awkward and said "eh oh yeah, you said you don't use it" (no I didn't).  I explained that we do use it and can I have it back please because I want to use it now (our office perimeter is mostly external windows and no heated internal wall plus our air-con/heating is broken so the office gets freezing).  She turns around and opens a press where she had stashed it, but now it also has "Conference Room *" written on it in permanent marker, as if that's where the **** thing now belongs.  She laughs and says "don't look at me, nothing to do with me, I was told to do that".  I asked who had told her, got my answer and went on my way.

I'm looking forward to them trying to actually re-locate it to the conference room now.  I couldn't give a **** what's written on it.  It was bought specifically for our office.  Up to now I didn't really give a shit about that heater, but because of the underhand way they tried to steal it, I have all of a sudden become extremely **** attached to the thing and it will not be leaving our office unless pre-cleared.

:D

Where they've written "Conference Room" I'd put "Not For" above it and " So **** You" underneath.

25 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Where they've written "Conference Room" I'd put "Not For" above it and " So **** You" underneath.

Nah I currently occupy the moral high ground. I like it up here. Any further defacing of the heater brings me down to their level and brings the dispute to the next level. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

Nah I currently occupy the moral high ground. I like it up here. Any further defacing of the heater brings me down to their level and brings the dispute to the next level. 

spacer.png

;)

29 minutes ago, BOF said:

I’d keep it in my car boot from now on 

Â