Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Applied for my dream job on the off chance on Monday with zero expectation of getting it.  It's 25 mins from my house to start with.

Had the interview yesterday,  got offered the job there and then,  got a small pay rise, choose my laptop and which software (Power bi / Azure) I use on a daily basis.

Start in a month or so.  One of the best days of my life.  I walked to my car like Norman Scott

spacer.png

But congrats anyway ;)

• Haha 3

On 07/03/2020 at 09:30, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Applied for my dream job on the off chance on Monday with zero expectation of getting it.  It's 25 mins from my house to start with.

Had the interview yesterday,  got offered the job there and then,  got a small pay rise, choose my laptop and which software (Power bi / Azure) I use on a daily basis.

Start in a month or so.  One of the best days of my life.  I walked to my car like Norman Wisdom.  

Happy I Like It GIF by swerk

Congratulations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 07/03/2020 at 09:30, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Start in a month or so.  One of the best days of my life.  I walked to my car like Norman Wisdom.  

Congratulations! :D 

• Thanks 1

On 05/03/2020 at 14:14, TheMelvillan said:

on that topic, my personal quirk is that I always wear my socks inside out. I find those wee seamy bits at your toes terribly uncomfortable.

Seems even weirder now that ive typed it down though...:blush:

Samesies.

Much more comfortable with the seams on the outside.

On 11/03/2020 at 11:52, tonyh29 said:

so many thread this could have gone in , but i'll put it here

My sons History and music teacher died on Monday , we found out last night  ... 62 years old , He'd been ill for a while and off school (not Corona related ) but I don't think anyone was expecting this outcome

I'm far sadder about it than I thought i would be  , I only meet him a dozen times but we always had a little chat about the boy , hisotry and travel   , but as well as fostering my sons interest in History , he introduced my son to music and taught him about classical music , taught him the piano and just generally was there when he was needed  ..

I took my son into school today, and we went into the music room where pupils had impromptu decided to gather , a fitting tribute that so many pupils thought so much of him 

hence this thread , although its sad news , it's cheering to know there were people like him and the influence he had on these pupils 

My Dad who is 74 went to a school reunion last year and met his Maths teacher. They guy was about 100.  My dad shouted through his ear trumpet at him that he was the reason my dad became an accountant because he inspired him. 

Dad couldn't believe it. All those years he had thought about what a great teacher this man was and after his arrogant unthinking youth had passed really wanted to thank him but never expected to actually do that in his mid 70's. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

My Dad who is 74 went to a school reunion last year and met his Maths teacher.

It's such an amazing sentence. 

Not too many decades past this meeting would be unachievable due to life expectancy.

Really good story and made me smile.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Got a temp job at Aldi, start Tuesday. 😁

Nice one mate

Save some bum roll for me please ;)

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

Nice one mate

Save some bum roll for me please ;)

I'll try!

No doubt I'll end up out of pocket with this 80% wage thing the government are talking about though. Probably won't be entitled because I'm working part time somewhere!

Â