Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I've only ever done 1 graded building (bmag for about 3 years) 

The budget was OK (target cost) but some of it is baffling, the rules on what you can't do, we ripped out an old timber raised access flooring, the state of it underneath was incredible, using timber you don't have the flexibility for the cable runs rendering it pretty pointless... We had to use timber again... Not allowed to change it to modern materials and it was slower and more expensive. .. Its under the **** floor!! Nobody will ever see it or know its even there

The coved plaster in the bmag was something else, did the lead dome too, the workmanship in that (timber dome underneath) is stunning 

That building is pretty nuts, you could spend maybe £2-5m on it every year for the next 10 years in refurb projects and still have more to do, it's like a labyrinth in there 

I was in the BMAG the other day, having a cuppa in the Edwardian Tea Rooms. Like you say, the attention to detail around the building is superb. 

Monday. I renew my passport online. 

Tuesday I put my old passport in the post. 

Wednesday my application is approved. 

Thursday my new passport is in the post

Friday my new passport is here. 

That's flaming quick. Also it isn't blue. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Monday. I renew my passport online. 

Tuesday I put my old passport in the post. 

Wednesday my application is approved. 

Thursday my new passport is in the post

Friday my new passport is here. 

That's flaming quick. Also it isn't blue. 

Blue ones don't come in until March, great timing by you. Hopefully in ten years time you be getting another purple passport

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Blue ones don't come in until March, great timing by you. Hopefully in ten years time you be getting another purple passport

As you well know there would be no obligation to switch colours even if the country did have a lobotomy and decide to rejoin 

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

As you well know there would be no obligation to switch colours even if the country did have a lobotomy and decide to rejoin 

True, bright blue with yellow stars would be good, keeps everyone happy 

• Like 1

Â