Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

30 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

The Chase tonight was pure gold.  A lady dressed as a minion chose to go for minus £5k , gets through , stays quiet all through the final team chase and finally persuades her team to answer the question "What's the UK's most venomous native SPIDER? " with the answer "Daddy Long Legs"  costing the team a £39k win on a pushback..

“Corpus Christi Wang!”

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

“Corpus Christi Wang!”

I think my success rate for answering questions  on The Chase  is around 80% without even trying.

If I get just one right on University Challenge I'm like.

Image result for fist pump gif

• Like 4

Ha!

I think I’ve just realised I’m not even trying to answer any this week. I’m just sort of letting it wash over me and laughing every time they say Corpus Christi Wang.

My missus absolutely despairs of me and my 9 year old’s sense of humour.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Brumerican said:

I think my success rate for answering questions  on The Chase  is around 80% without even trying.

If I get just one right on University Challenge I'm like.

Image result for fist pump gif

Same with Only Connect

Sometimes I'm happy if I can even guess the field or subject they're talking about, let alone answering the question

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Same with Only Connect

Sometimes I'm happy if I can even guess the field or subject they're talking about, let alone answering the question

I've watched that programme probably 3 times and I just find Victoria Coren-Mitchell dreadfully dull and unsuited to presenting, plus she's face-punchingly unfunny with her gags.  Her and that show have absolutely zero charisma.  Usually I'll watch anything quiz related but I cannot abide that shit.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

I've watched that programme probably 3 times and I just find Victoria Coren-Mitchell dreadfully dull and unsuited to presenting, plus she's face-punchingly unfunny with her gags.  Her and that show have absolutely zero charisma.  Usually I'll watch anything quiz related but I cannot abide that shit.

Yeah she's the worst part about it. It's weird because I usually like her, but on that she's painfully unfunny.

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

Me too, I found it quite cute and quirky for about 5 minutes the first time I watched it but she gets on my tits now.  

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Me too, I found it quite cute and quirky for about 5 minutes the first time I watched it but she gets on my tits now.  

You would, though, wouldn't you? 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 3

I've had a couple of shit weeks at work, have complained an awful lot and ensured management know how **** everything is.

Booked the odd half day just to chill out and reset before I explode in the office. That's not what's cheered me up. The look on my boss's face when he accepts the holiday request but is clearly shitting himself it's for a job interview, on the other hand... :) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Can't even be arsed to Mooney it.

Â