Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

26 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

My local club Chertsey Town winning the FA vase today at Wembley

was having a beer just now when the players turned up with the trophy so managed to get my mucky paws on the trophy

alas someone took it from me before i could make it out the doors with it 

DB076BF4-E17A-498D-A2D0-88A54F655C9A.jpeg

This was on the TV in the bar I was in earlier (at a distance) and I couldn’t figure out what I was watching. I even googled it. 

This post has solved the mystery. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

This was on the TV in the bar I was in earlier (at a distance) and I couldn’t figure out what I was watching. I even googled it. 

This post has solved the mystery. 

Give you an idea of the sort of town it is , there was a police drug sniffer dog at the top of Wembley way and I think it died of an overdose from sniffing Chertsey fans :) 

quite bonkers though for a small town like that to be playing at Wembley , most of the team have left the pub now as they have to get up for work in the morning !!

• Like 3

On 15/05/2019 at 18:18, NurembergVillan said:
On 15/05/2019 at 16:53, BOF said:

"You're my silver medal".

"Liverpool got 97 points. 97! Still a good side..."

Liverpool fc,  the old rusty sheriff badge or 1960's tea towel holders of medal winners I think.

• Like 1

Super Sports Monday coming up. Villa at 10AM, Red Sox game at 4 (going to the game) and then Game 1 of Stanley Cup finals at 8 (Boston-St.Louis)

Last time we played them in the finals-

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

Just saw an old Army pal rocking WO1 patches in his wedding pics . He was on my JNCO Cadre  and my abiding memory of him is watching the guy drink his own piss out of a bottle he'd used during the night whilst drunk. He must have glugged half a pint before he threw up. He then slipped in his own vomit/piss and smacked his face on his nightstand.  He had a massive black  eye during the end of course drill ceremony and turned right during a troop "left wheel" .

He's now in charge of an entire Regiment's discipline.🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Just saw an old Army pal rocking WO1 patches in his wedding pics . He was on my JNCO Cadre  and my abiding memory of him is watching the guy drink his own piss out of a bottle he'd used during the night whilst drunk. He must have glugged half a pint before he threw up. He then slipped in his own vomit/piss and smacked his face on his nightstand.  He had a massive black  eye during the end of course drill ceremony and turned right during a troop "left wheel" .

He's now in charge of an entire Regiment's discipline.🤣

Isn't that de rigueur? :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Not having to queue to get out of Hell Hole Wembley. Even after a win it's shite

After THIS win, we didn't care, believe me. 

17 hours ago, mjmooney said:

After THIS win, we didn't care, believe me. 

The longer the better.  It prolonged the euphoria :)  Everyone was bouncing.

• Like 1

Â