Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

The reaction from homeless people when you give them a note instead of some silver coins.

But especially their reaction when you give them a comment that reminds them of their worth.

Money ain't shit. You got heart, love!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, A'Villan said:

The reaction from homeless people when you give them a note instead of some silver coins.

But especially their reaction when you give them a comment that reminds them of their worth.

Money ain't shit. You got heart, love!

Probably made his/her’s money then packed up and went home to their house 😉

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Probably made his/her’s money then packed up and went home to their house 😉

I know of a few who who have accommodation and do exactly that. An indigenous woman told my neighbour that she can earn $100-200 a day.

I don't know, they're on the street, and if you look like you need it, you probably do. I never give more than I can afford to lose.

54 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I know of a few who who have accommodation and do exactly that. An indigenous woman told my neighbour that she can earn $100-200 a day.

I don't know, they're on the street, and if you look like you need it, you probably do. I never give more than I can afford to lose.

I’m like that with the horses . Never give the bookie more than I can afford to lose. 

18 hours ago, choffer said:

A Valencia fan had a season ticket for decades, went blind in his 50's but still kept going because he wanted to feel the atmosphere. When he passed away, the club put a statue of him permanently in his seat so he would still be present at every game at the Mestalla.

X3Rcp07.jpg

I'm not crying... you are!

Finding money in the street.

The normal protocol I use is:

Bronze coins – leave well alone

Silver & gold coins – have a quick look around to see if anyone about. If the coast is clear then discreetly pick it up. If not, walk on.

However today I clocked a £20 note blowing about in the breeze. Without hesitation I found myself at full stretch like Gordon Banks 1970 world cup style after it.

I’m not sure what pleased me the most; finding the money or my new found athletic ability.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

True story: I once found a £10 note (a looong time ago, so probably equivalent to about £40 today), lying on the pavement. Outside an off-licence. I regarded this as an omen, so I went inside and spent it immediately. 

I don't know why but the inflation adjusted value of a found note really tickled me.

6 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I don't know why but the inflation adjusted value of a found note really tickled me.

I was guessing, but I do remember thinking that a tenner would buy a lot of beer. 

Â