Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

11 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I don't normally this soppy self-serving shite but it proper cheered me up.

As some of you know I've been working pretty hard on my diet and exercise lately. Weight has been a problem for me, more mentally than anything. At my biggest I was never obese, more marginally overweight.

Anyway, I'm nearly 2 stone down so I did a comparison from last July to yesterday and even me who sees myself daily is shocked by the difference.

NnjvNsS.png

Soppy shite done, back to calling you all words removed

Image result for polishimage.jpeg.2d72edf061cd0f8f7e1f1bce069bd311.jpeg

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Soppy shite done, back to calling you all words removed

Well done, word removed-y :thumb::D   What proportion of the credit would you attribute to diet and to exercise on your own particular journey?

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well done, word removed-y :thumb::D   What proportion of the credit would you attribute to diet and to exercise on your own particular journey?

100%. I'd say it was diet at the start, to get into the right mindset, then as I shed the weight, it became easier to exercise for longer.

Snacking is a big one. If I snack now, it's on fruit. Basically totally cut out junk when it comes to snacks. I still indulge on a pizza or a burger here or there, but I genuinely can't remember the last time I had a bag of crisps.

Now I'm trying to get the balance right between input and output. For example, if I'm going to play 2 hours of football and burn 1,000 calories, I can eat a bigger dinner, whereas on a rest day, I would eat the smaller sizes. I don't think I've quite nailed it yet as there are times where I feel weak due to a lack of food or I'm snacking when I get home from football.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

On 11/06/2018 at 11:05, tonyh29 said:

the Lord's prayer or something and when it finished Tonyh Jnr stood up raised his hands in the air and shouted "Praise Jesus"

One night, a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. One belonged to him, and the other to the Lord. When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand, and he noticed that many times along the path of his life, there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of his life. This really bothered him, and he questioned the Lord about it: “Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you would walk with me all the way. Yet I have noticed during the most troublesome times of my life, there’s only one set of footprints. I don’t understand why, when I needed you most, you would leave me.”

The Lord replied: “My precious precious child, I love you, and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, that must have been when I was appearing on…
Junior Kick Start…

• Like 2

Had a sudden yearning to watch the Back to the Future trilogy and was annoyed it wasn't on Netflix.

I was looking through the kids section to stick Masha and the Bear on for the little one, and they're all in the kids section!

Carry on.

2 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Had a sudden yearning to watch the Back to the Future trilogy and was annoyed it wasn't on Netflix.

I was looking through the kids section to stick Masha and the Bear on for the little one, and they're all in the kids section!

Carry on.

I think you’ll find those under comedy 

• Haha 1

Â