Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Mike suggest cricket is boring from his post , yet he’s a man who is / was happy to run around and  around a track for hours on end for a hobby ...  

I wouldn't expect anybody to watch me do it. Let alone pay to watch me do it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

England v Australia one day series starts on Wednesday. ?

Not proper cricket then :ph34r:

• Like 1

Phone call from the school today

Seems in assembly the headmaster read the Lord's prayer or something and when it finished Tonyh Jnr stood up raised his hands in the air and shouted "Praise Jesus"

I could barely contain my laughter when the school rung up to say he'd be in detention tomorrow after school , don't think that went down well either , but probably explained a lot as far as the school are concerned

I appreciate schools  need some discipline and all that but that shouldn't come at a cost of leeching the fun out of life ,

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Seems in assembly the headmaster read the Lord's prayer or something and when it finished Tonyh Jnr stood up raised his hands in the air and shouted "Praise Jesus"

I could barely contain my laughter when the school run up to say he'd be in detention tomorrow after school , don't think that went down well either , but probably explained a lot as far as the school are concerned

I appreciate schools  need some discipline and all that but that shouldn't come at a cost of leeching the fun out of life ,

We used to half-heartedly sing a hymn in assembly every morning. One day, in the 6th form, my mates and I decided to really belt it out for a change. The headmaster gave us a bollocking for taking the piss, but our form teacher really stuck up for us, as he thought it made a nice change. 

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We used to half-heartedly sing a hymn in assembly every morning. One day, in the 6th form, my mates and I decided to really belt it out for a change. The headmaster gave us a bollocking for taking the piss, but our form teacher really stuck up for us, as he thought it made a nice change. 

When the flying Picketts were in the charts we decided one assembly to improvise the" Ba ba da dom *" bits during the hymn that morning  .. same thing headmaster blew a fuse , music teacher absolutely loved it and stood up for us all

*or whatever you'd call it

41 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I could barely contain my laughter when the school run up to say he'd be in detention tomorrow after school , don't think that went down well either , but probably explained a lot as far as the school are concerned

Junior gets the big steak for dinner today :)  But has to say Grace first :P

• Haha 1

Â