Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

7 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

If there's one thing guaranteed to make me laugh it's watching people corpse. I love all the Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant ones.

Although I'm convinced Bradley Walsh fakes it on the Chase and it really winds me up.

The Derek ones are great too. 

I could watch those outtakes all the time. Love em!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Just Maybot's N.I. proddy chums to 'persuade', now. 

In an elegant segue for this thread, what cheers me up is that the British people are now a little bit more aware of what goes on politically in Norn Iron than it was before the Maybot got into bed with Arlene (ugh, there's a thought).  That you now know the characters and the poisonous regressive conservatism that exists politically up there.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BOF said:

In an elegant segue for this thread, what cheers me up is that the British people are now a little bit more aware of what goes on politically in Norn Iron than it was before the Maybot got into bed with Arlene (ugh, there's a thought).  That you now know the characters and the poisonous regressive conservatism that exists politically up there.

Oh, I think most of us have known for years, at least since the days of Paisley senior. Loathsome bunch, they are. 

• Like 1

On 29/05/2018 at 16:18, AVFC_Hitz said:

When the sun is out in Eastern Europe everything is in full bloom...

and I'm not talking about flowers.

The main reason I loved working in "town" as a young man....spending my lunchtime sitting in st philips churchyard on a hot day, "talent spotting" ?

On 29/05/2018 at 17:18, AVFC_Hitz said:

Yes. It. Is. :D

Although it's way too hot.

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

I've worked out how to get free stuff from the vending machine at work. :hooray:

I'm keeping it quiet, I don't loads of people knowing, it's my little secret.

I don't consider it stealing, I think it's fair game with a vending machine. You win some, you lose some and if I've found an error with the mechanics then I'll just happen to win a lot more from now.

On the downside I'm going to get fatter.

I figured this out on our drinks one a while back.

One of the rows of cans was set slightly back, so when you selected that slot it would push a can forward but it didn't go far enough to fall. It must have a sensor to tell it nothing fell so it then pushed again, but it always pushed 2 out.

Then to top it off it would give you all your money back.

Unfortunately it's stopped working. But I had a good few weeks where I was getting free drinks every day, and sharing them :) 

• Like 1

On 29/05/2018 at 16:18, AVFC_Hitz said:

I remember finding myself on the man made beach on the river banks in Kiev once.  Just wow!

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I figured this out on our drinks one a while back.

One of the rows of cans was set slightly back, so when you selected that slot it would push a can forward but it didn't go far enough to fall. It must have a sensor to tell it nothing fell so it then pushed again, but it always pushed 2 out.

Then to top it off it would give you all your money back.

Unfortunately it's stopped working. But I had a good few weeks where I was getting free drinks every day, and sharing them :) 

Ah, that's where we differ :lol:

They've installed a card machine on ours, but I've stumbled across.. make selection > choose pay by card > cancel payment > selection falls

• Like 4

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yes. It. Is. :D

Although it's way too hot.

26 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I remember finding myself on the man made beach on the river banks in Kiev once.  Just wow!

I sat outside a cafe on the main boulevard in Sofia. There were times I wanted to cry.

Jesus wept.

4 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I sat outside a cafe on the main boulevard in Sofia. There were times I wanted to cry.

Jesus wept.

Just got back from the city centre, deck-chair laden bar area

My word.

Â