Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I'm around 13.5 and have been for a bit now. I've gradually crept up to this over the years. When I was serving HMP when I was 18-19, I went from 11.5 to 13.5 in four months. That's the biggest increase I've ever had. I don't put weight on easy at all. The most I've lost was 3 stone, and that was in my late 20s when I weren't very well. 

50 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

IWhen I was serving HMP when I was 18-19, I went from 11.5 to 13.5 in four months. 

Dispels the myth around it being calorie free then  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

What the **** is a stone? It's 2018 ffs, it's time to learn metric, fellas. 

14 pounds, of course. What could be more logical?   :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm always amused when I tell people I'm 16 stone (or thereabouts)

People always expect you to be really fat when you say that.

16 stone!   I assume you're pretty tall in that case?

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

See :)

I'm 6 foot 3 ish

(sorry @Davkaus, I mean 190cm)

ah, thats why. 

I'm the opposite - I'm 62kg (just under 10 stone in old measurements), and everyone expects me to be skinny as a rake. 

But i'm pretty short so its the right weight for me. BMI - 20.

My BMI is high. I think it's 29

We worked it out in the office because we had some health talk thing. To get into an "average" BMI range, as in the very top end of it, I'd have to get down to just over 13 stone.
Almost a 3 stone loss.

I'd look ridiculous :D

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

My brothers wedding yesterday. Remote fort down on Cornish coast. After a mixed forecast, just before the outdoor ceremony the sun came out and stuck around all day. Wedding day drinking - where you can put away absolutely loads andaside from sleep deprivation and feeling a bit hoarse  after all the singing and dancing feel fine the next day. Drank enough to normally slay me early on but always felt fine, with beach walks all day. Chugging top day and so pleased for my lil brother :)

That's like the day I retired. Into the pub at noon, drank all day and all evening. I was absolutely fine the next day, and I'm normally very susceptible to hangovers (sometimes just a couple of pints can trigger one). 

You can't beat steady drinking in the pub all day and night. Great stuff. 

Anyway, this week has been a right slog at work, then had to come home today and sort out a messy garden. All done now, thank god. Was going to do half today, and half tomorrow, but I always say that, and end up doing it in one go. I'll appreciate it when I get up in the morning, and look out the window. 

5% CBD/ 5% THC capsules from the cannabis dispensary. Pure relaxation and no paranoia. Bliss on a balmy June night. You guys need to press your lawmakers to get with the program.

5 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

11 hours of football.

Gobs of footy and I have no emotional attachment to any of it. It's easing the pain of our Villa predicament..

• Like 2

Â