Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

On 24/05/2018 at 11:06, rjw63 said:

Just beer. Switched to vodka/energy drink and occasional wine. And no choccy either, or bread, or butter. I miss the chocolate most.

When I don't have chocolate I get very moody. Come to think of it, all them would be hard to give up apart from butter. 

Granddaughter's third birthday last weekend, and a family party in the garden. Oldest guest was my daughter's partner's grandmother - 88 years old. The old dear thought she'd like a cup of tea, so my wife went in and made her one - without noticing that the mug had a design on it that read: 

word removed word removed word removed word removed word removed word removed word removed.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 07/06/2018 at 00:00, maqroll said:

Legend? Nah not for me. 

Women acting like one of the 'lads' is cringeworthy. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Why?

I just don't think its very feminine :D 

No doubt an old fashioned view but hey, if we all thought the same it would be a boring place. 

I agree about laddish behaviour in general but I don’t see her downing the beer as being a case in point. I just think it was a natural and logical follow up to an unlikely and humorous moment. 

But the “legend” comment. That’s one for the things that piss me off but shouldn’t thread. Everything and everyone being referred to as a “legend”. Up there with “banter” for me.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not having to make idle chat now my wife has started her new job. I say goodbye in the morning and don't talk to her until 3.45 at the earliest, sometimes not until I get home. 

Can’t you ring the 0898 number like everyone else ?

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Phone in hand during a game , legend status revoked 

In the future I'm sure human hands will evolve into claw like phone holders. 

7 hours ago, Xela said:

In the future I'm sure human hands will evolve into claw like phone holders. 

I think it's already started for me.  Whenever I have to use a pen to write something down, after about two sentences my hand almost goes into spasm and looks like a crab claw.  And I hardly use my phone compared to most other people.

44 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think it's already started for me.  Whenever I have to use a pen to write something down, after about two sentences my hand almost goes into spasm and looks like a crab claw.  And I hardly use my phone compared to most other people.

I think thats also known as 'Spaz Hands.' Quite a few people on VT suffer from it from time to time :D

• Like 2

15 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Phone in hand during a game , legend status revoked 

Have you ever watched baseball?

everyone would die of boredom if they didn’t have their phone to keep them entertained. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Have you ever watched baseball?

everyone would die of boredom if they didn’t have their phone to keep them entertained. 

Yes. Very much like cricket. 

Â