Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that many, if any, will doubt that Clark was the best Villa defender last season. In fact, he would have been player of the season for many too. But, I do have my reservations about him. He looked great and a real prospect when he first burst into the first team but he then spent the next few years churning out error-stricken displays.

The pessimist in me wonders whether last season was all about earning a new deal and not being left to rot and being offloaded to the Championship which, to be fair, is where a lot of us would have seen him going until last season's improvement. The optimist in me hopes that last season's improvement was down to the penny dropping for him and him realising the potential we all thought he had. I really hope it's the latter after signing him on a 5 year deal!

5 more years of this :)

HilariousFakeEarthworm.gif

Beyond the satisfying yet elegant crunch of the challenge it is easy to overlook how Clark offers a neat little lay up to the Slithery Bellied One, the calm after the storm.  What?  Of course he meant it!

Happy we have got this one done and that the player was happy to sign a contract of that length. I thought he had a fine season last year and we were not the same at the back without him. I hope we have learned our lesson about running contracts down to the last year now.    

Â