Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He made one mistake last night which going by the past year is a rarity, personally I think he does better when he is the leader at the back. I'd rather have Clark starting at centre back over Richards.

At times last night we looked like had a partnership that might work, Richards babysat clark for a period in which time we looked quite solid and wolves never looked in the game.

Our discipline went to shot Richards went on forward runs clark got done for pace a few times and the result was chaos at the back again.Bunn looked ok ayew not fit and the other new guys did ok.

Guys, i dont know why some are looking to make Clark backup in preference of Okore.  I really dont think Okore is turning out to be the player people think he is.  At the end of last year he looked like a div3 player to me.  Yes i will give him some slack as he came back from a bad injury but i just hope he kicks on this season.

Guys, i dont know why some are looking to make Clark backup in preference of Okore.  I really dont think Okore is turning out to be the player people think he is.  At the end of last year he looked like a div3 player to me.  Yes i will give him some slack as he came back from a bad injury but i just hope he kicks on this season.

he mainly went to turd, because he was playing with an injury and should have been pulled from the side a lot sooner, plus he started to lack confidence

when he is fit and confident he is one hell of a player

Edited by VillanousOne

he mainly went to turd, because he was playing with an injury and should have been pulled from the side a lot sooner, plus he started to lack confidence

when he is fit and confident he is one hell of a player

Well there is no way i would let Clark go, just in the off chance he doesnt get back to where we want him to be.

Clark and Okore were solid last year. It's a brand new defence just settling in so they'll be mistakes. Clark has also been out for quite a while if you remember so will be rusty and like any player needs game time to get his form back.

how many games have Clark and Richards played together so far? CB partnership is vital and it usually takes some time for it to fully develop. I wouldn't go into panic mode should we start the season with the options we have atm. at the same time I wouldn't exactly be displeased if we brought in a new CB prospect. 

Â