The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

That's because many people in the UK are also wasters that think behaving like that is acceptable.

That is so spot on its untrue

unfortunately Jack is not as good as George Best or Paul Gascoigne that he can mix the two.....he needs to graft his nuts off and roll his sleeves up.

• Like 1

He is 20 years old, a man in a position of responsibility earning good money with a solid family unit behind him. There is no excuse for this, he's not an easily influenced 18 year old just getting a taste for alcohol and clubbing. He shouldn't be allowing himself to be anywhere near nitrous oxide (whether he used it or not) and certainly should be more aware about his behaviour in front of smartphones.

The club have released enough statements about his behaviour already, it's time to get tough. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fight Like Lions said:

The club have released enough statements about his behaviour already, it's time to get tough. 

I'd say it's a fair bet that they will.  Not that we'll see that.  The only way we can judge anything is by how near or far he is from the first team.

I fear the balance will be gone from this discussion.  By all means play the Daily Mail's game.  That moral compass of a newspaper.  Grealish goes on a night out.  That much is true.  They shoe-horn laughing gas into the article (calling it hippy crack.  Much more incendiary language wouldn't you agree), but they say there's no evidence he took any.  Don't mention it then.  Stick to the facts if that's not too difficult.  What are we most upset about here?  That he went out?  That he presumably had a drink? That he has shit friends?  That he had the gall to be filmed laughing?  People probably annoyed and emotional at the Everton result then see him laughing.  LAUGHING?  "Probably at the result.  Probably at our plight."  But maybe not really.  I'll continue to watch from the sidelines.

For me he needs better friends.  What he's doing there is probably no different to what many Premier League players get up to at the weekend after a game.  What he needs to realise now is that he in particular is in the crosshairs.  He has now set more than one precedent and he's going to be followed and made an example of.  Do what you do, but do it in private, and get rid of those thick word removed mates of yours.

Maybe when he's playing as shit as he has been and looking like a petulant little kid on the pitch he should stay in after another shit performance and get up early the next day and work on his fitness and his all round game and push himself to be better and overall work on his attitude. Imo there's no defence for him, his attitude stinks, it's blatantly obvious.

• Like 1

I criticised him in the summer and got slagged off for it.  I said then that it mattered what he did and that he was supposed to be an athlete that his antics wee a sign of a bigger issue with him. Now we have this latest "letting his hair down and let down by his mates" rubbish. I'd have him nowhere near the first team for the considerable future. He can leave the club for me.

That general point was criticised in the summer Richard because at that point it was little more than unfair extrapolation.  Making the same point now with this new story will be taken more seriously, even if it is still only a night out.  But even in light of the new story, the jumping to conclusions done by the kangaroo court in the summer are still far from the right way to go about things.  Anyone saying 'told you so' is basically saying 'look at me, I jump to conclusions as soon as I can'.

• Like 3

Why does he need better friends? If there is nothing wrong with what he is doing why put the pictures out there? Social media goes everywhere these days? Presumably those saying he needs better friends are saying that because they feel it is wrong for them to show the pictures? Wrong because the pictures are bad for him, well why are they bad for him? Because the actions are bad that's why.  Don't blame his friends for his actions ,. It is only a problem because of the activity not the messenger.

• Like 2

When players do this type of thing in the summer, it really doesn't bother me. So last season when the pictures were taken of him on the floor I just laughed it off. But doing this shit mid-season is a bit disappointing. There's part of me that thinks "well he's only human like everyone else and has the right to go out and get pissed on the weekend", but then he's also an athlete, and athletes that become the best at what they do do not behave like this (well, not that I'm aware of). 

I think if we were doing well in the league people would have less of an issue with this. 

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

That general point was criticised in the summer Richard because at that point it was little more than unfair extrapolation.  Making the same point now with this new story will be taken more seriously, even if it is still only a night out.  But even in light of the new story, the jumping to conclusions done by the kangaroo court in the summer are still far from the right way to go about things.  Anyone saying 'told you so' is basically saying 'look at me, I jump to conclusions as soon as I can'.

Have to disagree BOF.

Like many pointed out in the summer 'being passed out on the road is completely different and pointed to a general behaviour and not a one off'.

I don't think that's jumping to conclusions. That's having a valid opinion. Not rocket science to see that the summer antics weren't a one off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Not deluded at all, I'm sure a few teams who are doing better than us (read: every other team) would snap him up without hesitation. And then we'll be seeing an Albrighton type renaissance, except he is a much better footballer than Albrighton and so it would sting that bit more.

Sorry but this is another example of us overrating our players. He has achieved very little so far and his off the field antics would be a big turn off. Without a reversal of attitude and performance, I do not see many being interested. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Jack should be dropped on the basis of his performance on Saturday against Everton. 

His performance in the nightclub should merit a meeting with the Garde, the reading of the riot act and the setting of some very clear expectations. All followed swiftly by Duverne running his arse ragged in training. 

Talk of "leaving the club" at this point is beyond pathetic - he needs managing and properly. Nothing  more. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

Twice in the summer was not unfair extrapolation

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Let's, once again, divert the responsibility away from the grown adult earning a fortune at our expense.

I'm not attempting to divert any responsibility from Jack at all. He needs to moderate his behaviour 100%. Good management however will provide him with the tools to enable him to do it. Since he clearly lacks those himself. :thumb: 

• Like 1

Pathetic. Leave the lad alone now, barely done anything. Singing into a camera and sitting next to somebody inhaling no2, if it wasnt helium. 

Fed up of so many self righteous busy bodies poking their nose in and acting like completeeee jobsworths. 

Yes our seasons going badly, yes were angry, yes he is in a privilaged position but HE put himself in this job through harder work, sacrifice & dedication than most of you ever will ever experience. 

While Jack is an ambassador for the club while he's at work, outside of work its absolutely chuff all to do with anyone how he holds himself.

If you honestly think Jack staying cooped up inside of a weekend and sacrificing his social ties after a weeks tough training is going to help his performances, then wake up. 

Dip in form? Puh-lease, you could put ANY single player in our squad at the moment and they'll look shit. 

Never known anything like it, honestly...

Â