The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

35 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Anyone suggesting he should be starting after the season he's been having have an unhealthy obsession with him.

Had an awful season and shouldn't even have been picked for the squad.

That goes for most of the England starting 11 though 

Edited by gwi1890

38 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

That goes for most of the England starting 11 though 

But Grealish had the far worst season out of the attackers and Maddison should really come on ahead of him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

But Grealish had the far worst season out of the attackers and Maddison should really come on ahead of him.

We all know the England doesn’t work like that it’s who you are and who you play for. The incentive to seek regular first football week in week out is gone as all you need to do is play for a scum 6 club or polish Southgates marbles to play.

11 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t care what your thoughts are on him, he should be starting for England, similar to the role Griezmann plays for France.

I honestly think we’d have won a tournament by now with a manager that played him more.

The JG that played for us yes I agree. He was a maverick that could change a game in an instant.

It’s a shame that Pep has turned him into a robot and coached that free spirit out of him.

4 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Anyone suggesting he should be starting after the season he's been having have an unhealthy obsession with him.

Had an awful season and shouldn't even have been picked for the squad.

He should not have started but him and Maddison should have got more than what they got. Mason Mount is hopeless in an England jersey and England with stoppage time had nearly 20 minutes to create something and they got about 50 seconds between them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He should not have started but him and Maddison should have got more than what they got. Mason Mount is hopeless in an England jersey and England with stoppage time had nearly 20 minutes to create something and they got about 50 seconds between them

Agree about Maddison. Been excellent this season.

Likes of Grealish and Maguire should not be in the squad.

16 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Agree about Maddison. Been excellent this season.

Likes of Grealish and Maguire should not be in the squad.

In fairness you could pick a number of players that should not have went. TAA, Maguire, Grealish, Shaw, Gallagher, Walker, Coady, Sterling a few more who are in poor form or subs now

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t care what your thoughts are on him, he should be starting for England, similar to the role Griezmann plays for France.

I honestly think we’d have won a tournament by now with a manager that played him more. 

100% - he is criminally underused

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Can't see where he fits in now tbh. Saka and Bellingham are automatic starters now after their performances in this tournament.

Grealish imo is more effective drifting in from left than as number 10 where he can be man marked more effectively but to get Foden in the team it feels like that will his role for next 18 months although personally I'd try him out as an 8 for the national team.

His higher profile status in last two years means he can hang out with all the content creators he desires so as long as trophies keep rolling in at Man City in the short term I don't think he's that bothered about starting every game for England.

Maddison had far more of a call to start in number 10 role based on his Leicester form and he didn't even play a single minute in the competition.

5 hours ago, Tom13 said:

100% - he is criminally underused

You have gotta remember Southgate is a bottler when it comes to players, including choosing his favorites. Takes Maddison because of public pressure, plays Foden, media pressure. Don't play Grealish, if Pep don't think he is good enough to start neither does Southgate.

As for not playing Grealish being criminal, it was more criminal, bringing his BFF Mount on and a unfit Sterling, who should have never come back in the squad if it was that bad he had to fly back home on a whim!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You have gotta remember Southgate is a bottler when it comes to players, including choosing his favorites. Takes Maddison because of public pressure, plays Foden, media pressure. Don't play Grealish, if Pep don't think he is good enough to start neither does Southgate.

As for not playing Grealish being criminal, it was more criminal, bringing his BFF Mount on and a unfit Sterling, who should have never come back in the squad if it was that bad he had to fly back home on a whim!!

Oh yeah, picking his favourites over players who can actually change tight games is weak management, and it ALWAYS ends up costing us.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, PaulC said:

Hes moved down the pecking order since the euros. He certainly hasn't improved since then. Saka has and Rashford too. He was never going to get much of a lookin last night

Rashford has been crap for at least 2 years now

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Rashford has been crap for at least 2 years now

Nah he's had an OK couple of months

Also his 2 goals vs Wales is more than Jack's ever done in an England game

Apart from pushed the line up the pitch vs germany what has grealish actually done in an England shirt?

So much of it is based on what we as villa fans know / think he can do... But he hasn't done any of it for a long time now... To me the clamour for Grealish to play a role that he doesn't justify for England ironically smacks of villa fans wanting their favourite to play, something Southgate is criticised for

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nah he's had an OK couple of months

Also his 2 goals vs Wales is more than Jack's ever done in an England game

Apart from pushed the line up the pitch vs germany what has grealish actually done in an England shirt?

So much of it is based on what we as villa fans know / think he can do... But he hasn't done any of it for a long time now... To me the clamour for Grealish to play a role that he doesn't justify for England ironically smacks of villa fans wanting their favourite to play, something Southgate is criticised for

He did get his goal in the Iran game, people seem to forget.

Â