The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

47 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I prefer players we develop who support the club and be given the honour of captaining the club, stick around and try to take our club to the top when we finally have the money and ownership model to give it a crack

Everything you are saying today is exactly what I am thinking. Good man! 👏 

It's possible that Alvarez and Haaland arriving next season is further competition for him.

Depends if Mahrez and Sterling leave, that might open up more chances. Guess we'll see, Pep won't care about him as he will be off soon.

I'm not happy for him in the slightest, he plays for someone else. There's no reason to support him.

• Like 1

Even if he won this trophy he knows deep down he contributed little to it. To not even get on the pitch at all today that deep down must have pissed him off.

He woildnt have enjoyed today as much as play off final. Not a chance 

• Like 1

Thing is brand Grealish is all about the soundbites. Just a shame for him so many of them reveal how much of a Alf Garnett word he is. Hope his plastic family enjoy the money whilst it's there. 

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Lots of bitterness in here. 

Wouldn’t say I’m happy for him but I’d rather city won than Liverpool.

I imagine he’ll kick on next season

Not on my part i think my point is 100% relevent and true

God, this thread is a weird load of bitterness.

”Barely played” - aye, only the 26 league games this season. More minutes on the pitch than Mahrez or Jesus.

I’m sure he’ll be disappointed not to have contributed more goals and assists, but this “barely played” stuff is utterly bizarre. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

We would have had 1/3 more points if we'd have avoided defeat and stopped them winning the title. Obviously was still a mostly meaningless game for us, but I'd like us to get every point we can.

Is he a Villa legend though?

Yes.

We'd be in the championship without him, possibly league 1 and possibly in financial ruin

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

Yes.

We'd be in the championship without him, possibly league 1 and possibly in financial ruin

I’d lay off the class A stuff if I was you

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

I’d lay off the class A stuff if I was you

It's unquestionably true it would have taken longer to get out of the Championship without him, and given our parlous finances in that division I think you can make an argument for both the 'financial ruin' part and also the 'League 1' part (as that is one consequence of 'financial ruin', c.f. Derby County). 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

Yes.

It's all fine margins though. Could say the same about Tyrone Mings but he's hardly a Villa legend (decent servant to the club though).

Also, I feel like with the "legend" tag there are other factors that come into play.

Â