The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I do agree that he owes us nothing, but I just can't really get all that delighted for him. At the end of the day he left us under a bit of a cloud, he's no longer a Villa player, and in this instance his success directly came at the expense of a league position for us.

Just now, Keyblade said:

Why?

They won 4 out of the last 5 titles. Spent over a billion pounds in that time, including breaking the record for our captain who they used sparingly. They're everything wrong with the game. I'll never understand this sentiment. 

They’re breaking football. Would it surprise anybody if they won the next 5 titles? They’ve just added one of the best strikers in the world to a team that has every other position covered with 2 or more £50m+ players in every position.

I genuinely couldn’t care less that Grealish plays there. Couldn’t stand them before he went there and still can’t stand them now. Even their own fans cant be bothered to turn up they’re that manufactured and boring. Fair play to Liverpool but I fear that the two team league is very quickly going to become a one team league.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, jim said:

Pleased for him, a player we developed winning the league.

You do know he isnt the first player we developed to win the league. Cant remember your Mark Albrighton, Gary Cahill praise even Gareth Barry

Grealish did say that Dean Smith was the man to make him a better player but you never acknowledge him either but cheer on his pathetic replacement

• Like 2

I dont dislike Grealish and I dont get the hate but I can agree with some its a plastic medal for him. He has been a flop this season for the price and he has been a bit part for them to win the title

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Why?

They won 4 out of the last 5 titles. Spent over a billion pounds in that time, including breaking the record for our captain who they used sparingly. They're everything wrong with the game. I'll never understand this sentiment. 

because Liverpool fans exist, City fans dont.  I dont care for City but if its them or United/Liverpool then its them every time

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

because Liverpool fans exist, City fans dont.  I dont care for City but if its them or United/Liverpool then its them every time

City fans literally assaulted one of our players today. They've become worse than Liverpoo fans, whose main crime really has been being extremely cringe. If we had their history, we'd be like them too. If Jack Grealish had an Istanbul moment for us we'd never be able to shut up about it for the next 100 years.

• Like 2

I know his game isn't necessarily about them, but it's interesting that his contemporaries Mason Mount and James Maddison both have about 30 goal contributions this season. Basically a goal or an assist every other game. The most he's ever gotten was 19 I think, last season.

For £100m, playing for Man City, how much longer is xA going to cut it? Pretty sure Coutinho has eclipsed him in his half season too. All eyes on him now with Haaland leading the line...if he gets the game time that is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Everything you are saying today is exactly what I am thinking. Good man! 👏 

We clearly want whats best for Aston Villa. Sick of the status quo. All this happy for him, he deserves it crap is the sort of stuff you expect from your mum or a woman who isnt invested in football taking the view of looking at it from the other side. Im far too tribal for all that. He is literally a glory hunter. No better than a fan that changes who he supports, he basically supports Man City now. 

The only thing I can get on board with is we needed to bring in transfer fees to help set off against FFP, and that £100m did wonders for us in that respect. But I can never accept our best player leaving us whilst we’re on the up to go and help another English club win silverware. They now have eclipsed us for league titles won with that today, so congratulations Jack, you left Villa and in doing so are admitting they arent and wont ever be good enough; killing a lot of hope and dreams of your own people in the process. Go and be a showpony for spoiled entitled Mancs rather than a hero and legend for brummies.

• Like 1

I still don’t like him. I’m still bitter.

He’s a traitor. He was quite literally bought to go to a competitor. When someone flips side in war and their side wins, losing generals don’t go “sucks we lost, but happy for that traitor, he put in good work for us.”

You’re either with us or against us, and he chose to be against us.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MNVillan said:

I still don’t like him. I’m still bitter.

He’s a traitor. He was quite literally bought to go to a competitor. When someone flips side in war and their side wins, losing generals don’t go “sucks we lost, but happy for that traitor, he put in good work for us.”

You’re either with us or against us, and he chose to be against us.

You're comparing Jack going to a team we are absolutely not competing with, who are on a completely different level to us, to a soldier who was serving for Ukraine to instead fight for Russia?

This might be the most bat shit crazy thread on VT. And that is some achievement.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

God, this thread is a weird load of bitterness. I don't understand the jokes, memes, over exaggerations and furiously partisan opinions of football fans on a football forum. It's just bizarre. 

Oh, and I've never seen Jack waving pom poms.

I like Jack, I think deep down he's a good egg, I actually like that he's won the league and hope he wins more and turns it around next season and is the player that we all told the world that he was so that he almost justifies leaving us

I don't like the bitterness, this whole done the dirty on us stuff is just football, is what it is, the game we all love in our heads doesn't exist, your favourite player will do it too if he's given the chance 

But I love the memes and jokes and taking the piss out of him I'll laugh at his expense all day long as long the line isn't crossed in to non humorous bullshit 

• Like 1

Two quick thoughts:

It’s actually just a lot of lighthearted banter - most fans are other it - I do wonder if he wasn’t “one of us” this parasocial response would exist. He engineered the move after all, demanded the release clause, and was hours from joining United the previous year (without said release clause). Well wishes are fine but the idea of some patron saint is for me short of the mark. 

Man City are a stain on global football. No nation state should own a club. It’s deeply immoral. It’s only natural that many would comment - he knew what he was signing up for ultimately. 

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Two quick thoughts:

It’s actually just a lot of lighthearted banter - most fans are other it - I do wonder if he wasn’t “one of us” this parasocial response would exist. He engineered the move after all, demanded the release clause, and was hours from joining United the previous year (without said release clause). Well wishes are fine but the idea of some patron saint is for me short of the mark. 

Man City are a stain on global football. No nation state should own a club. It’s deeply immoral. It’s only natural that many would comment - he knew what he was signing up for ultimately. 

They aren’t owned by a nation state. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They aren’t owned by a nation state. 

Man City are the crown jewel for the UAE sports washers. All their Abu Dhabi sponsorship and Etihad is just dumb luck or coincidence eh. 

Â