The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Wanted Real Madrid to win but not because of Grealish, would have still wanted them to win if Grealish was playing for them.

Edited by useless

4 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

This.

I’ve heard a lot of stuff since he left which has just completely soured the way I look at him, I never want him back at our club in any capacity. Ever.

What sort of stuff? Pray tell.

10 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

It’s a shame that people like yourself and a couple of others can’t have the same level of support for people at our club, that they do for people that have left.

WTF is that supposed to mean?

Just because I'm not a bellend who doesn't want to bash any player that leaves us for made up petty reasons that fans make up in their own head doesn't mean I am not as much a fan as they are.

• Haha 1

I’m a massive grealish fan but last night is why they should have bought Kane in the summer rather than him. They lack leaders and players who can produce goals out of nothing when the going is tough (same problem as CL final last year) 

Presumably if they go in for Haaland his chances of games will reduce again?

He seemed to play left wing against Real but I've seen him play as the false nine, striker and right-side. Guardiola seems to prefer Silva, Gündoğan, Sterling and Foden before even thinking of playing him.

It's criminal really, he was taught from a very young age to be a cavalier, they are just stifling him and it will be to his detriment as he isn't playing regularly.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

34 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Presumably if they go in for Haaland his chances of games will reduce again?

He seemed to play left wing against Real but I've seen him play as the false nine, striker and right-side. Guardiola seems to prefer Silva, Gündoğan, Sterling and Foden before even thinking of playing him.

It's criminal really, he was taught from a very young age to be a cavalier, they are just stifling him and it will be to his detriment as he isn't playing regularly.

He knew that when he went there, he must have known his game had to change in such a organised, efficient, robotic team.  He knew unless he was brilliant all the time he wouldn’t play the majority of games and definitely not utilising his style of football.  Easy big money and trophies whether earnt or not.  That was his choice.  He chose this over his talent.  

Man City was the wrong club for him to use his talent because of the way they play but the benefit is big wages and trophies during his contract.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I really dont understand any football fan in England wanting English sides that they dont support to win in Europe. 

The mirror had this on the front page. 'Dream of English final over'. I was like pass the sick bag ffs

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

WTF is that supposed to mean?

Just because I'm not a bellend who doesn't want to bash any player that leaves us for made up petty reasons that fans make up in their own head doesn't mean I am not as much a fan as they are.

That the player left us is the reason 

10 hours ago, nick76 said:

He knew that when he went there, he must have known his game had to change in such a organised, efficient, robotic team.  He knew unless he was brilliant all the time he wouldn’t play the majority of games and definitely not utilising his style of football.  Easy big money and trophies whether earnt or not.  That was his choice.  He chose this over his talent.  

Man City was the wrong club for him to use his talent because of the way they play but the benefit is big wages and trophies during his contract.

Agreed. It's why he would have been better suited to play for Real Madrid, Barcelona etc. More time on the ball and those teams would have incorporated his talents not stifled them; wasn't there a last-minute phone call to Real from Purslow trying to get him there as we REALLY didn't want to sell him to another English team.

Opinions are strong on this and we all have them. Because he f***** off to a rival English team it makes it worse for me, I nearly puked when I heard the City fans singing "Super Jacky Grealish" the other night...he is one of them now. I'm glad Real won!

• Like 1

I don't think it's fair to belittle fans wishing Jack ill-fate as 'lovesick' or 'acting like a teenager texting an ex' or anything like that. I go 99.8% of my life not even thinking about the guy and the other 0.2% is whenever Citeh are playing. I do believe the slander is warranted though, for three reasons:

1: It would be nice to see him finally feel/show some disappointment for leaving his boyhood club (and the club he 'supports'). We didn't even really get a goodbye or a thank you from him, which is strange considering his connection to the club. Even players with no personal connection put something out. He was far too happy (and dismissive of us) when it happened and I think this rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way.

2: I think we want him to be proven wrong about leaving to win trophies. It sets a precedent for other players who just want to up-and-leave when they start to feel impatient.

3: As fans, a lot of us couldn't even contemplate playing for another English club. I certainly couldn't. Can any of you honestly say, irrespective of wage, your heart would truly be in it?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Agreed. It's why he would have been better suited to play for Real Madrid, Barcelona etc. More time on the ball and those teams would have incorporated his talents not stifled them; wasn't there a last-minute phone call to Real from Purslow trying to get him there as we REALLY didn't want to sell him to another English team.

Opinions are strong on this and we all have them. Because he f***** off to a rival English team it makes it worse for me, I nearly puked when I heard the City fans singing "Super Jacky Grealish" the other night...he is one of them now. I'm glad Real won!

Yep it was Real Madrid. Imagine his brand wearing that white in the Bernabeu singing his name. Lovely tan, he would have been the most famous player in the world. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Or Liverpool, or utd, or Chelsea... Pretty much anywhere but city

Very true. I just wish more elite players like Jack played abroad. I think it makes the national team better and them better players. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Very true. I just wish more elite players like Jack played abroad. I think it makes the national team better and them better players. 

I would seal the biscuit shinned, floppy haired charlatan in one of Musk's rockets and let him play in the intergalactic super league on Pluto with no breathable air 

• Like 1

Â