The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Personally , I think he makes better decisions.

You're playing for an elite club with a proven system of success.

Not a playground kickabout or a club the state we were in when he could do anything he wanted to with it and was basically handed it at all opportunities.

Believe it or not, he actually had cock ups with us too, due to trying to do way too much on his own at times. Almost with an heir of arrogance.

It's not about him looking sexy for highlight reels, that's what his Gucci deal and the like are for. It's about what's best for their team.

I don't agree with this at all mate, sorry. His decision making was what always made him special from a young age IMO. He only ever took players on when he felt it would be the most effective route into a dangerous area. His unselfishness and being happy to release the ball to someone is what made him so good. And that weight of pass *chef's kiss*

• Like 2

Just now, Tom13 said:

I don't agree with this at all mate, sorry. His decision making was what always made him special from a young age IMO. He only ever took players on when he felt it would be the most effective route into a dangerous area. His unselfishness and being happy to release the ball to someone is what made him so good. And that weight of pass *chef's kiss*

And his unbelievable stats for us backed this up.

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Btw, on another note, the pettiness in here...come on.

I'm not even mad or anything anymore, I did say he actually looked good when he came on, but it's sods law how that all worked out. I actually felt a little sorry for him, as it's probably the most dangerous I've seen him look for them.

However, on the flip side, I'm not sure I need to be cheering him on either.

He won't be willing us to win when we play them soon, and if he has a chance to score the winner, he will do it.

With regards to our other exchange, let's be real, he wasn't perfect for us, no player is. He DID take too long to release the ball at times.

That's doesn't mean he wasn't our standout player.

• Like 1

He’s never a £100m player, is he. Two great chances when he came on. Was he trying to square the first? A goal looks on if he went near post. The second was a great save by Courtois tbf - no slight on Jack there.

Did he do anything in extra time? I can’t remember any contribution. A few comfortable passes from the left wing. He wasn’t close to unlocking the Madrid defence.

Surely you want a £100m player to take the game by the scruff of the neck, to demand the ball and actually create something.

Despite the way he left, I couldn’t help but root for him a little bit tonight. I wanted him to prove he belongs on this stage.

Can’t lie that I’m happy City crashed out though. “Champions of Europe, you’ll never sing that”. Real to win please. The idea of a Liverpool quadruple is sickening. 

• Like 1

Brought on when they were two up, was responsible for one goal (let the cross go in from his man). Pep thats why you dont risk the B team against top teams. Second lowest rated player of the night according to the beeb.

100 million, Purslow is laughing his ass off.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not even mad or anything anymore, I did say he actually looked good when he came on, but it's sods law how that all worked out. I actually felt a little sorry for him, as it's probably the most dangerous I've seen him look for them.

However, on the flip side, I'm not sure I need to be cheering him on either.

He won't be willing us to win when we play them soon, and if he has a chance to score the winner, he will do it.

With regards to our other exchange, let's be real, he wasn't perfect for us, no player is. He DID take too long to release the ball at times.

That's doesn't mean he wasn't our standout player.

Stand by what I said though, I could always understand what he was trying to achieve. And 9 times out of 10 he'd create a positive situation for us.

Watching someone like Sterling for example, got no idea wtf he's trying to do half the time. He probably hasn't either.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Just imagine if we stopped them winning the league……..

You can bet that SG and Coutinho will especially be happy to do that...

• Like 1

Delighted he’s been knocked out the champions league, and hopefully doesn’t win the premier league either.

Not because I wish anything bad on him, but the sooner he fails and we buy him back for a quarter of what we sold him for, the better.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

I've said it all along, it would be hilarious if he ended up with no trophies

I do think he’ll snag the league. And I’ve thought all along “what does he care, he’s laughing all the way to the bank with his millions of pounds.”

But I do also think today has to hurt. Coming on with 12 minutes remaining and a 2 goal advantage to see out a ticket to the CL final, only to blow it. Especially having two chances. Not really his fault they didn’t go in, but still, they didn’t go in.

People on here debating about whether or not he’s a flop. At least this season, he has been. Man City has been one key signing away from a Champions League title for multiple years. They just spent an English record transfer fee of £100 million on him. They now aren’t only out of the CL, but they’ve also tossed the domestic cups. The league is their only saving grace, and even that is still up for grabs.

The big question is whether or not he was the missing piece (clearly he was not). But for a squad that loaded, spending £100 million on one player damn well must put you over the line on the honors that have eluded you, and they’ve only regressed.

Edited by MNVillan
  • Like 1

Â