The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

25 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The outdoor training in London was an utter circus we didn’t need, especially as our preseason was so badly impacted by London. It gave the fans false hope. Just a total unnecessary farce. The carrot of loyalty was dangled with that Totti talk during the Euros. 

The Totti thing he never actually said. Was an Italian journalist who found an old tweet from about 10 years ago and mixed up totty with Totti

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Should’ve scored 2 goals but didn’t, doesn’t sound like playing well (I didn’t see the game).

He was one of the better players on the pitch when he came on.  Manchester City were getting a lot of joy from him as an out ball and I'm gonna contend he was unlucky not to score.  The first chance he beat the keeper and a brilliant goal line clearance denied him, the second chance was basically the same move and barely a minute later and it was a wonderful save from Courtois.  Ten minutes later down the other end Real Madrid launched a couple of speculative crosses into the mixer and scored twice against a static defence.  These are the fine margins games are decided on sometimes.    It's fun to laugh at Manchester City because they have so much money but this fixture was lost because Manchester City were so wasteful in the first leg (they should have scored more than four, they definitely shouldn't have conceded three)  and it seems that, like PSG, they are so used to just coasting through the final twenty minutes of games because matches are generally easy wins for them that once they are up against a bit of adversity then they just don't know what to do.   It's been a trait of Guardiola teams for years, good front runners but they forget what it's like to be down in the trenches.  I wonder what they would give to have a 25 year old Roy Keane in the squad.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I wonder what they would give to have a 25 year old Roy Keane in the squad.  

rather than a 37 year fernandinho who it sounds like showed his age in both games

on the spending, its not like this real madrid team was assembled for buttons, this is also a mega rich team, what they've done very well and almost quietly though is bought world class teenagers for a lot of money and let them develop at a natural pace, until of course this summer when they get mbappe

9 hours ago, paul514 said:

It's disgusting reading some of the comments on here

It’s a shame that people like yourself and a couple of others can’t have the same level of support for people at our club, that they do for people that have left.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The Totti thing he never actually said. Was an Italian journalist who found an old tweet from about 10 years ago and mixed up totty with Totti

No no, he praised Totti spoke of his loyalty. There’s a video of it. 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

rather than a 37 year fernandinho who it sounds like showed his age in both games

on the spending, its not like this real madrid team was assembled for buttons, this is also a mega rich team, what they've done very well and almost quietly though is bought world class teenagers for a lot of money and let them develop at a natural pace, until of course this summer when they get mbappe

Mega rich maybe but they get longevity and value out of players plus a good youth set up. Benzema, Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Marcelo, Carvajal, Nacho and Lucas maybe even include Bale have all been at Real for a long time and nearly all played in the 4 recent Champions League victories. 

Also the Kroos, Casemiro, Modric combination cost just 60 million overall

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

It’s a shame that people like yourself and a couple of others can’t have the same level of support for people at our club, that they do for people that have left.

The white knighting at this point is odd, lots of people are jovial and making valid critiques. We don’t owe him anything. 

Apparently we pimped him to Real Madrid but his team of advisers were adamant that it’s City only or else (legal) route. 

Jack Grealish was only going sign the extension if the release clause was inserted into the contract. 

It will be interesting to know what his previous contract was and if it had a release clause. 

17 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The white knighting at this point is odd, lots of people are jovial and making valid critiques. We don’t owe him anything. 

We all understand (or at least we should) why he made the move, but why can’t I enjoy it when he loses?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Apparently we pimped him to Real Madrid but his team of advisers were adamant that it’s City only or else (legal) route. 

Jack Grealish was only going sign the extension if the release clause was inserted into the contract. 

It will be interesting to know what his previous contract was and if it had a release clause. 

I think it had a promotion release clause if we didn't go up from the Championship. Probably nothing when we got up as think he signed a new deal and that was the only summer he wasnt linked away

When Man City play Burnley, I get the money argument. 

But Man City who play Real Madrid or Bayern Munich, the $$$ becomes less relevant.

Jack did cost a lot of money, but he is worth it. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

We all understand (or at least we should) why he made the move, but why can’t I enjoy it when he loses?

Exactly. It’s delicious. And it shows how quick the plastics turn on him too. 

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Should’ve scored 2 goals but didn’t, doesn’t sound like playing well (I didn’t see the game).

Should have is the wrong wording to use. He was really unlucky.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

But Man City who play Real Madrid or Bayern Munich, the $$$ becomes less relevant.

Jack did cost a lot of money, but he is worth it. 

Except the Real Madrid starting eleven last night cost less than 300 million to build and all 6 subs cost 80 million

City 5 subs alone cost 205 million. Is a huge gap 

24 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Huh?

22 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Saying 'of course a £100m player should be changing a game' makes sense if you're playing Burnley, not really when you're playing Real Madrid.

take away the age, Casemiro, Kroos, Modric, Benzema, they are all £100m players. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

take away the age, Casemiro, Kroos, Modric, Benzema, they are all £100m players. 

Combined they cost Real about 105 million purchased in there 20s

Edited by Zatman
  • Confused 1

City fans are tearing grealish apart for one of the madrid goals as they say  he was easily run past.

Its not going well for him is it?

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2

Â