The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Combined they cost Real about 105 million purchased in there 20s

That doesn't have anything to do with the point. The question is how good the players are, not how much was spent on them years ago (before a lot of very obvious transfer price inflation). Most of the players listed are or were 'worth' £100m if they were bought by an English club early in a contract.

Nobody at all is arguing or believes that Jack Grealish is or should be 5x better than Toni Kroos just because Kroos cost £20m 8 years ago.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

City fans are tearing grealish apart for one of the madrid goals as they say  he was easily run past.

Its not going well for him is it?

First one his press isn't great but cancelo lost Benzema and for me the keeper has to come for that at a better angle, he's not seen rodrygo and got it completely wrong, it's the keeper more than anyone else 

Second one he pushes out but then doesn't fully commit to the tackle but its laporte who lost his man and that was because he got drawn in to another Madrid attacker who was also free because another city defender hadn't tracked him 

Its alarming bad defending from city who have a great defence, grealish isn't good for either goal but neither are his doing 

8 minutes ago, El Zen said:

But that’s VillaTalk for you. A wretched hive of scum and villainy. 

And that’s not even considering Off Topic. You probably don’t want to venture in there.

Its true, I've always seen off topic as the Mos Eisley of the VT universe. 

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Screenshot_20220505-140009_Facebook-min.jpg

Maybe he wanted to join the European underdog and thrives on the challenge of changing a game with 5 mins to go? ;) 

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

They did - but I can buy a brand new car at £50k, or the same car at £30k a year later, it does not mean I have an inferior car (maybe with a few more miles on the clock). 

Look at Lewandowski - his entire career combined transfer fee is £4.5m. Is he not a £100m player?

Hence I take the 'spend' with a pinch of salt. There are numerous factors in play, and Madrid definitely have a team full of big money players. 

yep, they have a great mix between the older guys who they got in on what looks like a bargain and the younger guys who they have given time to and have developed in to world class players, casemiro, valverde, the 2 brazilian kids (with the 3rd on loan at dortmund)

the value they've achieved is incredible 

but they cant help themselves with the likes of hazard, they still need that shirt seller

10 minutes ago, picicata said:

I can see him ending up at Newcastle in a year or so

How about we sign Coutinho and when he's 32-33 bring Jack back. 

52 minutes ago, picicata said:

I can see him ending up at Newcastle in a year or so

I think it's nailed on.

As soon as he gets a manager who allows him to carry it, he'll start to climb in profile again.

Honestly if he'd gone to Utd, he'd be a superstar now. Playing alongside Ronaldo as the only bloke with a clue in a rubbish side. He'd have them up in 3rd or 4th IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

City fans are tearing grealish apart for one of the madrid goals as they say  he was easily run past.

What are they saying about Ederson? He was clearly at fault for the first goal. Too scared to block it. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s certainly at fault for the second goal  - lets Militao get the ball in the box to pass it to Carvajal and makes a pathetic effort twice to block it 

Partly but then they should be able to defend the cross. Basically the Man City defence were at fault for City going out. They murdered them first leg yet conceded three goals. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Partly but then they should be able to defend the cross. Basically the Man City defence were at fault for City going out. They murdered them first leg yet conceded three goals. 

That’s also very true. It would be sad to see Jack scapegoated for that defence falling asleep. His defensive weaknesses  didn’t help them either. 

59 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s certainly at fault for the second goal  - lets Militao get the ball in the box to pass it to Carvajal and makes a pathetic effort twice to block it 

He could do better but he has 2 players around him, another City player should have came out to help him

Â