The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Watching him last night confirmed what I thought since he left. Wrong club wrong time. I never felt city needed him and the fact that he never starts in the champions league any more and has only started half the league games suggests that too so he has become an expensive version of Nathan Aki purchased because they could rather than because they needed him. What they really needed was Harry Kane or similar which they might get with Harland which I think will reduce his game time even more. 

he doesn’t fit into city’s system or style so he is having to change his natural game and shock horror it looks unnatural to him. I predict end of next season they will be looking to off load him although they might be difficult with his wages and those thinking he would be coming back I think will be very disappointed it has mercenary Newcastle Utd written all over 

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

His first ever season outside of B6 and he's already played in a CL semifinal. I doubt he's losing too much sleep over it. It can only get better for him. He's not Scott Sinclair.

I didn’t say he’s losing sleep.

I said I want him back playing for villa.

Im not sure why you quoted my post or mentioned Scott Sinclair?

• Like 1

I bet he was buzzing to be subbed on and be on the pitch when they qualified for the CL final 😬.

I don’t think he personally did too much wrong, almost put the cherry on top of the win.

If Pep wanted all out defenders then he should have put Ake on. 

Edited by Genie

50 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Yeah come on, our own season has fizzled out completely. It is petty if my pleasure this football season comes from Jack’s, and by extension Man City’s, failures  rather than Villa’s successes, but do I give a ****? Nah.

A man has to do what a man has to do

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

His first ever season outside of B6 and he's already played in a CL semifinal. I doubt he's losing too much sleep over it. It can only get better for him. He's not Scott Sinclair.

Yep, all 12 minutes of it.

Still, all that money must be really comforting. 

6 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Feel free to not read them. 

I still think he is an utter bellend for the way he ditched us, and fecked up our season. Mr Villa "My Club, My City, My Home" bullshit, plotting and scheming his way to City whilst screwing up our pre-season. How easily people forget.   I would love to see him win absolutely NOTHING this season. COME ON LIVERPOOL.

As for the people still fawning over him 😆 

£100m ??? Thank you very much

we needed no help from grealish to achieve that

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Feel free to not read them. 

I still think he is an utter bellend for the way he ditched us, and fecked up our season. Mr Villa "My Club, My City, My Home" bullshit, plotting and scheming his way to City whilst screwing up our pre-season. How easily people forget.   I would love to see him win absolutely NOTHING this season. COME ON LIVERPOOL.

As for the people still fawning over him 😆 

£100m ??? Thank you very much

I agree. This is exactly what I say!!! People seem to forget how much he lied when he signed his contract and how much he **** up the preparation for our season. I think people have every right to still be mad with him! If he had said to fans “I’m signing a new contract but actually I do have dreams of playing in the big league so this may be my last stint here” then we could have respected his career choices and his honesty. But he didn’t. He gave all that “I’m here for the long haul, I’m here to see out the five year project. My club, my city blah blah blah” and I think he massively disrespected the club and the fans. For that reason, last night a lot of us did celebrate at his misfortune . 

Edited by CLARETANDBLUEFOXY
  • Like 2

The outdoor training in London was an utter circus we didn’t need, especially as our preseason was so badly impacted by London. It gave the fans false hope. Just a total unnecessary farce. The carrot of loyalty was dangled with that Totti talk during the Euros. 

• Like 2

I really don’t mind the banter on here and to be honest, he wouldn’t care less would he? He’s living the dream with a top club and his obscene money etc. 

We can laugh but he’s still played in a Champions League semi-final against Real Madrid in the Bernabeu, something he was unlikely to do with us unfortunately. We’re absolutely miles away from living that dream.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I agree. This is exactly what I say!!! People seem to forget how much he lied when he signed his contract and how much he **** up the preparation for our season. I think people have every right to still be mad with him! If he had said to fans “I’m signing a new contract but actually I do have dreams of playing in the big league so this may be my last stint here” then we could have respected his career choices and his honesty. But he didn’t. He gave all that “I’m here for the long haul, I’m here to see out the five year project. My club, my city blah blah blah” and I think he massively disrespected the club and the fans. For that reason, last night a lot of us did celebrate at his misfortune . 

What do you mean by this bit?  That the club were surprised about the release clause that they themselves inserted into Grealish's contract?   That extension was brilliant business from a Villa point of view. We got one hundred million pounds for a guy who came out of the youth team, a guy who very nearly left for three million a couple of years earlier, a British record fee, the sixth most expensive player of all time.  All of that was because of the contract extension.  If outside forces had got to Grealish and he'd decided to go then this deal would have been set up months in advance and the contract extension would have just been the cost of doing business for Manchester City.  It certainly shouldn't have been a surprise to anybody unless they simply weren't paying attention. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Tbf to the guy he did actually play well yesterday and should have scored a couple goals.

Should’ve scored 2 goals but didn’t, doesn’t sound like playing well (I didn’t see the game).

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Should’ve scored 2 goals but didn’t, doesn’t sound like playing well (I didn’t see the game).

The one I've seen was cleared off the line, he should have scored but at the same time its brilliant play to create the chance for himself and its brilliant defending to clear it... But he still should have scored, he had a lot of the goal to aim for and kind of scuffed it across goal giving the defender a chance 

Depends if you're looking for a stick to beat him with or not 

If he had scored it would go down as a great goal and a huge moment in his career and even city's history that would be repeated over and over, instead he's now being scapegoated for them going out, such is football

• Like 1

What a night for him..

Not the result that he wanted but to play in a Champions league Semi Final against Real Madrid in the Bernabeu is what footballers dream of.

He is at the stage that he has longed for and no doubt he will have many more nights like this.

• Like 2

Â