The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I honestly understand the reaction to Jack leaving the Villa, but I think some perspective is needed.  Football is a fickle beast and players come and go, we as fans and the true lifeblood of the club have a huge part to play in turning all this negativity in to a whole load of positivity and supporting the team as only we can.  Jack chose to leave, we have not, will not, never will and nothing makes me prouder to be a Villa fan. UTV

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah he made it clear he was off the minute any CL team trigger the clause. The thing about the 100m clause is that City were always really the only club who would trigger it. Signing Messi probably would have cooled them on that front for a couple of years. Saying that though, Chelsea look set to smash the Grealish record already so maybe they could have too, who knows.

United also spend best part of £80m on Sancho too. I imagine Jack would have pushed for that move too if there were no other options. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Way to miss the context. It was surrounding the tag 'Villa-legend'

Fair enough (it was a big old reply, and I scanned through a fair bit of it).  I'm not too keen on this 'legends' stuff full stop, I've got to say.  Pantheons, hall-of-famers, golden greats...a media-feeding/media-driven hagiography that doesn't seem to have much to do with what actually happens on a football pitch.

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Shall we all contribute to a VT farewell letter to Jack ? It may clear the air for some of us. Let’s get it all down in black and white, eh. I’ll start .....

Dear Jack .....

…..

Edited by Follyfoot

Â