The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Football brings the worst out in some people. I know it has with me in the past. I despise modern day football. Too much money, too much putting the fans second. Lack of genuine entertainment, just isn’t worth the time and stress anymore. We’ll be glued to the tv when city play like spying on an ex girlfriend who dumped us. Then we’ll get over it and find a new fans favourite, who will then be sold on to one of the big 6, or will we become part of the big 6, who knows.  I spend most of my time and effort on horse racing now. More satisfying.

15 minutes ago, blunther said:

What difference does it make? Wishing it isn't going to make it any more or less likely to happen, it's just an expression of anger. 

On the basis of your first point, anger doesn't even have to fuel such a comment. One way of proving that it makes no difference would be say it neutrally about a player that hasn't made you angry.

22 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Not wishing him anything, ill or well. He's not a Villa player anymore, that's that. Don't think there's any point in investing any energy in a Manchester City player now.

I wish him nothing BUT ill will. I don't hope he gets his legs broken or anything (although I wouldn't cry if that did happen) but I hope he flops big time.

That said, if you offered me a choice between Villa getting 5 extra points in a season but plastic jack scores 20 goals and win player of the year, or Villa forfeiting those 5 points but plastic has a terrible season, I'd pick the former every day. Villa are always the most important thing.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Not wishing him anything, ill or well. He's not a Villa player anymore, that's that. Don't think there's any point in investing any energy in a Manchester City player now.

Here's my take ... if my wishes actually mean anything, I wish him well; but second best to anything Villa related.

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

He'll say absolutely anything to please the audience currently in front of him.

Yes noticed that during his england euro’s interviews , he was doing more interviews than any other player despite not being a starter, probably instructed by his team of clowns to get more popular outside of villa

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I wish him nothing BUT ill will. I don't hope he gets his legs broken or anything (although I wouldn't cry if that did happen) but I hope he flops big time.

That said, if you offered me a choice between Villa getting 5 extra points in a season but plastic jack scores 20 goals and win player of the year, or Villa forfeiting those 5 points but plastic has a terrible season, I'd pick the former every day. Villa are always the most important thing.

No point hoping he flops, we know he won't. He'll absolutely smash it. I'd put money on him getting PFA POTY if I were a betting man in all honesty.

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

No point hoping he flops, we know he won't. He'll absolutely smash it. I'd put money on him getting PFA POTY if I were a betting man in all honesty.

No I don't think he will either, but it'd definitely be my preference.

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Imagine if Messi hadn't initially agreed to stay at Barca.  

He'd be at Citeh now and this whole sorry affair would never have happened.

Until the next transfer window…or the one after that…or the one after that…

• Like 1

I don't want him to flop.  I want him to personally tear it up so all our words to other fans over the years are justified.  I want him to hammer Leeds, Wolves and West Ham etc but I want Man City themselves to have an absolute shocker  all his team mates to underperform and him to win as little as possible there in terms of silverware.  

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

What made his year is getting a **** number 10 for some oil baron backed team that he doesn’t even support. **** off rocket polisher, enjoy your new fancy bench and the physio room and your parties with Kyle Walker.

Nothing wrong with those mate :ph34r:

That would make my year as well! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Yeah he made it clear he was off the minute any CL team trigger the clause. The thing about the 100m clause is that City were always really the only club who would trigger it. Signing Messi probably would have cooled them on that front for a couple of years. Saying that though, Chelsea look set to smash the Grealish record already so maybe they could have too, who knows.

Don’t think we have to wish Grealish to flop. Honestly the best thing would be if he wins his plastic trophies with City but then in a few crucial moments, Villa is able to beat City and claim trophies. Imagine us meeting City in an FA cup final and Buendía, the new number 10, scoring a goal to put Villa out in front. We celebrate in Wembley as Jack watches on, knowing he could’ve gotten that with his boyhood club. 

it doesn’t matter how well Jack does, he’s probably going to do great because he’s an excellent player. What matters is what Villa do without him, and we are set up for success.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Tbf the clause would only trigger if we weren't in the CL ourselves according to Purslow and we're heading top 4 this season babyyyyyyyy!

• Like 1

Â