The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

49 minutes ago, Awol said:

Pretty much every neutral I’ve seen wants him to stay at Villa and say no to Citeh. When he goes, that bit of his image - the cheeky but brilliant local boy who bleeds for his club - is gone. The loyalty IS the romance, without that he’s just another mercenary footballer and a lot of the sparkle comes off with it - imo. 

Brilliantly put.  The magic is Jack and Villa.  Just another player at City.

• Like 3

Yes everyone appears to be saying the same thing out there in the world. On the Mail reporter who called Bailey and ESR bids, TBF that is the Mail's line and has been since days ago, no new info other than a vague timescale. So while like the rest of yers, I have developed RSI in both hands and require a new optical prescription, it ain't over yet and we are still to have a statement from Villa, or even anyone remotely close to the main team at Villa (unless you count CJ Golson! - yeah whatever man).

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Yet when he is out injured we have a massive dip in form until he returns 🤔

It did coincide with a large chunk of our squad getting COVID in fairness.

Just now, Made In Aston said:

What about the last season in the championship then? 

Do you not think we have strengthened significantly since then to the point it's not really the same squad? We are lot less solely reliant on Jack now 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Awol said:

Pretty much every neutral I’ve seen wants him to stay at Villa and say no to Citeh. When he goes, that bit of his image - the cheeky but brilliant local boy who bleeds for his club - is gone. The loyalty IS the romance, without that he’s just another mercenary footballer and a lot of the sparkle comes off with it - imo. 

You’re so right mate. There’s a magic to Jack that we all see when he plays for us. What happens when that magic goes and he’s just a player, amongst lots of other hired hands for the four corners of the earth? 

I think we can see this isn’t a done deal because Jack has turned up to training and the club has made that very well known. It helps our bargaining position and probably helps Jack’s too for contracts. I am at a position now where thinking about it, he probably will go. I love him as a player, and I love him as a local lad, but IF he goes I will lose a tiny bit of respect for him if I’m honest. I’ll probably still love him, but it won’t be the same. 
I do hope he stays though, obv.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Brilliantly put.  The magic is Jack and Villa.  Just another player at City.

Its actually part of his cult appeal especially internationally 

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Yet when he is out injured we have a massive dip in form until he returns 🤔

That's becuase our entire style of play is built around him, our game plan is built to get Jack on the ball as often as possible. When he's not playing we have to change our entire gameplan

Let's also not forget that our dip in form last year started while he was in the team and just continued while he was out

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

You’re so right mate. There’s a magic to Jack that we all see when he plays for us. What happens when that magic goes and he’s just a player, amongst lots of other hired hands for the four corners of the earth? 

I think we can see this isn’t a done deal because Jack has turned up to training and the club has made that very well known. It helps our bargaining position and probably helps Jack’s too for contracts. I am at a position now where thinking about it, he probably will go. I love him as a player, and I love him as a local lad, but IF he goes I will lose a tiny bit of respect for him if I’m honest. I’ll probably still love him, but it won’t be the same. 
I do hope he stays though, obv.

Spot on, that's pretty much where I am at as well

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, weedman said:

That's becuase our entire style of play is built around him, our game plan is built to get Jack on the ball as often as possible. When he's not playing we have to change our entire gameplan

Let's also not forget that our dip in form last year started while he was in the team and just continued while he was out

Agree it started with him in the team but I’m pretty certain he was feeling the injury in those games, his level of performance had dropped for about 3 games before he went out with the injury.

Cant see any other outcome other than him leaving now. In all honesty, even with a massively unlikely U-turn, I still won't view Jack as I used to. Of course, still a phenomenal player and one of the very best I have seen in my 40+ years, however, the lad doesn't really want to be here anymore and will only stay if we cant agree deal with City. Has this perpetual 'summer madness' tainted his reputation with Villa fans? Possibly. Has it tainted his reputation with me? Definitely.

• Like 4

Now he is his likely to leave, I’ve circled back around on Grealish this week. Taking the emotion out of the equation we cannot have this tiresome saga year on year so he should go now while we can demand a record transfer fee for him and he won’t smash our wage structure with a new contract. He has issues with his shins and he’s unlikely to play more than 3/4 of the season for us if past seasons are believed, and maybe the issue is getting worse with age? If we can bleed city for north of £100m AND we reinvest all the money (as is very likely) then this will buy 3 good players that we couldn’t afford before under FFP. The most important thing now is to get the incoming transfers sorted and get the tactics of the team ready for life without Grealish as we have been over reliant on him for years.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'm done either way. 3 times now he's wanted to leave

in 2019 had spurs put in a decent sized bid he'd have gone there. he said himself he was disappointed not to leave

in 2020 had utd put in a decent offer he'd have gone. it took an hour long call from the owners begging him to stay for him to sign a new deal

it's 2021 and we're here again...waiting for a club to match our asking price. if he wanted to stay a new contract would've been signed by now.

he doesn't want to be here, so FFS just get the deal done villa/city and get this over with. so tired of this being the jack grealish show

all the talk should be about bailey right now

This is not the same as him potentially leaving when we were in the Championship struggling to stay afloat, or then next season when we had just been promoted (you could say he was leaving us on a high after bringing us back to the top flight).

This is not the same as him potentially leaving after us struggling to stave off relegation.

He would be leaving a season after we've done the double over Arsenal, got 4 points from Chelsea, beaten Spurs, were more than competitive against the Manchester clubs, and absolutely dicked the reigning champions. Let's not forget it was his performances in our colours that got him to the Euros. Will we keep progressing without him? I don't doubt it with NSWE at the helm, and I couldn't begrudge him for leaving in previous seasons, but now would be a pretty poor time to bail, especially to such a plastic club.

• Like 2

Â