The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, Eidolon said:

Not personally attacking the player whilst he's still at Villa. The fact is as much as we can dream about itn none of us have been in a situation even close this. I think the people saying he never loved The Villa and it's all been lies are the ones being a bit ridiculous is all. Maybe he is considering it, it's a pretty amazing offer for a footballer, I don't think any of us can categorically say we wouldn't have our head turned purely because we've never had the opportunity put in our heads. I'll be devestated if he goes (I marginally come down in the side that I think he will stay) but yeah, demonizing him for even thinking about it is a bit much for me.

(Also if I get quoted and don't reply I'm not ignoring anyone, I'm new and only have so many posts in a day)

Jack will know it’s a small minority that are posting such as a defence mechanism or very occasionally for effect, so he’ll be okay. Besides, his girlfriend has spent this summer receiving up to 200 daily death threats from jealous girls (ridiculous), so he’ll see past a few ‘obviously not a true Villa fan’ jibes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I don't see anyone saying he never loved the club. People are just saying, based on a lot of reporting that maybe he wasn't truthful when he made those statements last year regarding "My club," "My home" yada yada and saying how he fully bought into the project that the owners pitched to him. And they're frustrated that he would leave the club he claims to love right at arguably the most pivotal moment in breaking into the big boys club of the PL. Naturally people are going to feel hurt and lied to about that. That's what grievances you're seeing aired ITT.

That's pretty fair, guess my interpretation was a little off 👍

40 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

I wonder why he's training on his own?

Probably has to do rehab work on his calves and maybe is in a bit worse shape than Mings and Martinez given his proclivity for a Binge. Also didn't he have a foot injury or some shit earlier so probably once they sorted that out he may have trained later to make up for lost time. 

7 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

I honestly cannot understand why a Villa fan, who becomes the best player not only at his boyhood club, but potentially in the country and beyond, would want to leave that club, when the new billionaire owners have spunked already god knows how much cash into the club to achieve their stated aim of competing for trophies and  European football ASAP. Why would he leave now, and deny his legacy at his boyhood club? I know that pundits don't think Villa are going to challenge anytime soon, but they are wrong, and as an insider he would know that as well. It doesn't make sense to me. 

It's his agents telling him that for him to be a global superstar and icon and maximize his brand he needs to be at a club like ManCity. Name one current day football icon at the peak of their career that is not at one of the ESL clubs or PSG/Bayern? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

It's his agents telling him that for him to be a global superstar and icon and maximize his brand he needs to be at a club like ManCity. Name one current day football icon at the peak of their career that is not at one of the ESL clubs or PSG/Bayern? 

Reus? Haaland?

I guess lukaku and zlatan would count as ESL.

And of course Jack **** Grealish. 

Edited by MotoMkali

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Reus? Haaland?

I guess lukaku and zlatan would count as ESL.

And of course Jack **** Grealish. 

Dortmund would have been in the ESL if German clubs were to have accepted the invite. Anyway, all their top players will leave for even bigger clubs. It's basically a food chain. Even the likes of Dortmund, Atletico, Arsenal and Spurs cannot hold on to their top talents anymore. It's a sad reality. 

Just listened to the most recent Tifo IRL. Gotta lean back on what Seb said. Picking up Grealish for any price inflates Kane's, at least for Levy. 

Top stat - Kane has more PL golden boots than Grealish has PL seasons. Football is after all a game that awards those who score more, the win. 

If I was Pep, I'd bin the old Spurs "lump", try get Grealish and target either of the superstars in Paris or Dortmund who have time on their side. It's a fool's errand either way.

I casually predicted neither Grealish nor Kane join City this window, but I hadn't examined Kane in sufficient depth. Kane has snookered himself. He's a PL star but plays all the football in the known universe, bookended by ankle damage. Kane is 28, where is he in 3 or 4 years? He's not yesterdays man, not by a long shot but I think he may be doomed to rot at Spurs while Jack blossoms into England's fulcrum going into Qatar, as a Villa legend. 

Edited by ccfcman

Apparently jack disappears against the good teams, lol absolutely clueless, guess they're just ignoring Liverpool match, oh or when he had to come on and save the day against Germany....

Their fans really aren't going to appreciate him if he does go.

Sign a new contract!

IMG_20210804_045841.jpg

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

The mail article is probably one of the most reliable yet I’ve seen recently (Tom Collomoose) with him suggesting it will be done by the weekend. Shame but it does look like he is off, spending £40m on Tammy Abraham isn’t the answer though. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Apparently jack disappears against the good teams, lol absolutely clueless, guess they're just ignoring Liverpool match, oh or when he had to come on and save the day against Germany....

Their fans really aren't going to appreciate him

IMG_20210804_045841.jpg

Tell me you've never watched Jack without actually telling me.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

When has the Heil been reliable about anything other than spouting racist baiting shit to gammons? 

Sportsmail understands the transfer is still expected to go through in the coming days

Language for we are guessing which way the wind will blow because we have no idea.

• Like 2

Tom is reliable, has a Villa source. This has come from Villa this time and not City. It’s a shame as it sets us back just as we start to look like getting somewhere, typical City though.. Milner was the last move I felt similar about, again just as we were getting somewhere there too and then it all fell apart. Let’s spend the money wisely and fingers crossed our season isn’t a struggle.. which it wasn’t so close to the start of the season now.

The papers have nothing. He was all but confirmed weeks ago! I dont doubt Man City have bid £100m that this will go on "until the weekend". The start of the season is a defined date, one we all have in mind. A placemarker, christ its the start of the season! Its the damn window that is the date to keep in mind though. We've deadline day ahead of us etc. Jim White is on holidays in preparation to dust off the golden tie. It's only tabloid season. They've got nothing and this runs for almost a month more!

I'm Jack's agent, knowing full well where he's gonna be and exactly what he wants. You better believe I'm adding some fairly optimistic clauses, moon shot ideas. Wage increases, assist bonuses, motm targets, trophy bonuses, Ballon D'ór wins. All the **** drippings baby!

He'll sign alright, for Aston Villa.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eidolon said:

Waking up in Australia, seems like nothing of substance has happened besides usual unsubstantiated Twitter clownery we are either clinging to or losing our heads over deciding on our POV?

Nah, I’m spending £100m in my head:

£40-45m - JWP

£20m - Julian Alvarez

£35-40m - Daichi Kamada

Would I swop Grealish for that? If he wants to go then yes, absolutely. 

• Like 4

Â