The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Indoctrination by the Sky 6 media. 

Nope. Just hearing everyone chanting his name in the Euros and then finding Vogue articles the next day explaining how to get the Jack Grealish look. 

14 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Problem is what if its Villa causing the delay  trying one last time to get him to commit ? 

I am absolutely gutted if he goes but he has unfortunately grown quicker in the last 12 months than we have as a club. He will go into the stratosphere now and there will be his agents at Nike promising him that he will be the face of them in the Uk i guess. He is extremely marketable . Despite their success Man City are quite a bland team and brand and Jack will change that.

It will be a crying shame if we never see him in the claret and blue again

We have offered a contract over a week ago, City have agreed personal terms with Jack’s camp they need to sort the payment structure of the £100m we may well be making that difficult I have no idea on that 

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Pretty much every neutral I’ve seen wants him to stay at Villa and say no to Citeh. When he goes, that bit of his image - the cheeky but brilliant local boy who bleeds for his club - is gone. The loyalty IS the romance, without that he’s just another mercenary footballer and a lot of the sparkle comes off with it - imo. 

Yep, him and his agents might understand that a little too late.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Pretty much every neutral I’ve seen wants him to stay at Villa and say no to Citeh. When he goes, that bit of his image - the cheeky but brilliant local boy who bleeds for his club - is gone. The loyalty IS the romance, without that he’s just another mercenary footballer and a lot of the sparkle comes off with it - imo. 

Totally mate. It would be brilliant to have him remain loyal as it would be something different . Phil Jones has medals . Doesnt really mean a thing though. 

Staying with Villa on the chance we make it to win silverware again would be worth far more and cement him as a legend. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

See below

I don’t know his family, and my only gripe is the “Villa through and Through” myth we tell ourselves. if that’s the case why have they agitated for big money moves two years running? 
They maybe lovey people but to the best of my knowledge they’re working class from Solihull so they’ve been set for the life off the back of Jack and they love the taste of money more than they value loyalty to the Villa. 

also I’m telling you now outright there is a Clause and it was agreed would be secret, camp Grealish have told City about it, why do that if you love the Villa and he wants to stay? 

To be fair the £100 mil clause was reported by Gregg Evans last year and everyone chose not to believe him. It’s never been a well kept secret and yes of course that would have been leaked by Jacks people. 

I really want to wish him well and be all zen about it but he’s loved wearing that captains armband and enjoying the absolute devotion of the fanbase all whilst manufacturing his way out, probably behind the clubs back. I do get fed up of people telling Villa fans how we should be feeling about it.

However, it’s done there or thereabouts and life goes on. Villa go on. Time to look forward and whilst I couldn’t give a s**t how he gets on  at a domestic level, I will be proud of him if he shines in the CL and for England. He was so key to the recent rise of this football club and so many good memories, I couldn’t stay angry at him if I wanted.

10 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

We have offered a contract over a week ago, City have agreed personal terms with Jack’s camp they need to sort the payment structure of the £100m we may well be making that difficult I have no idea on that 

Has all this been confirmed? Like 100% confirmed by the club

32 minutes ago, Awol said:

I’m not a crook, and that’s plain robbery. Building a relationship with River Plate for the long term would be worth giving them a fair valuation, imo. 

But imagine exchanging Jack for this, as an example: 

—————Watkins

Bailey——Kamada——Buendia

————JWP———SJM/Sanson

Would anyone think that was a bad deal, really? I’m seeing a top 6 team with strength in depth. 

Nah that looks pretty good to me. I wish there was some reports of us being linked with Kamada. Looks class (from YouTube haha).

Losing Grealish will suck, but we can still improve as a team by doing so, if we get the recruitment right. It's not the end of the world for us. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

So Mourinho letting slip “Jack knows where he’s going” even before the Euro’s started maybe shows this has been done in Jacks head for quite some time. I despise Man City for destabilising us time and time again. When its your identity and a homegrown kid, your captain and a big part of the pull you have as a club, well that hits different. Really disappointing; enjoy doing it all for that franchise group Jack, guess we’ll never know where you could have taken us.

Time to move on. Starting the season on fire will help get me over it.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Problem is what if its Villa causing the delay  trying one last time to get him to commit ? 

I am absolutely gutted if he goes but he has unfortunately grown quicker in the last 12 months than we have as a club. He will go into the stratosphere now and there will be his agents at Nike promising him that he will be the face of them in the Uk i guess. He is extremely marketable . Despite their success Man City are quite a bland team and brand and Jack will change that.

It will be a crying shame if we never see him in the claret and blue again

If (now looking more like when) he goes, I don’t want to see him near our club every again tbh. 

Edited by SeanVilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

City will/should get done eventually for their obvious book cooking. Is Jack not aware of this? Would sicken me if he went to that scummy club. I liked their fans before the oil barons took over but now they are forever tarnished

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

I do find it amusing that any sort of news that's negative is instantly written off as bollocks now :lol:

I'll be honest, for the first time I've completely lost all faith in Grealish staying now. There's just too much confidence from the City side for it to mean nothing, I do wish it would just get sorted out asap though and we can all move on and focus on the upcoming season. 

Like I said last week though, even if by some miracle he decides to stay we're just going to go through all this yet again next summer and to be quite honest I can't be **** arsed for it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

So, with you so certain that the deal is agreed and Jack is going ill ask again, how much have you bet on him joining Man City and what odds did you get? I mean, with such information that is free money to be made, right? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I do find it amusing that any sort of news that's negative is instantly written off as bollocks now :lol:

I'll be honest, for the first time I've completely lost all faith in Grealish staying now. There's just too much confidence from the City side for it to mean nothing, I do wish it would just get sorted out asap though and we can all move on and focus on the upcoming season. 

Like I said last week though, even if by some miracle he decides to stay we're just going to go through all this yet again next summer and to be quite honest I can't be **** arsed for it. 

This is where I'm at as well. I was confident in him staying but I think there's enough evidence out there now to suggest he probably isn't.

Oh well, we've lost good players before, I still think the squad we have is top 6 material without him and an extra £100m to spend on top of the £100m we seem to normally spend now is mega. 

And again, 10 teams finished above us last season without a Jack Grealish, 16 teams without a Jack Grealish finished above us the season before. He's a great player and all, but he's not Messi

Â