The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Bit like Cleverly he's gone from meh to bloody hell in a few short weeks

One of his runs yesterday he just glided past a defender and beat him without actually touching the ball , just with a quick body swivel

Under Lambert it seemed players didn't want to give him the ball , now they are making a point of picking him out ... Now we jus have to work on getting him to have a few more shots

Ah sweet. I didn't know about the issue with the m. Nice one.

Alternatively, you can just put [ media ] [ /media ] around the youtube link, but without the spaces. You don't need to remove any s or m then

Grealish like 99% of other players would need to knock it passed a player and then chase it. Punt and run.

Confirmation that you have, in fact, not watched him play. Because he doesn't do that.

And even if he did knock it past players to go round them, that is not a punt.

A punt is a long, aimless kick.

punt2
pʌnt/
verb
verb: punt; 3rd person present: punts; past tense: punted; past participle: punted; gerund or present participle: punting
  1. 1.
    SOCCER
    kick (the ball) a long distance upfield.
    "the Leeds player kindly punted the ball back to them"

The assist over the weekend was anything but "punt and run" either. I'm not sure on the iniesta comparisons but in terms of modern day premier league player maybe Coutinho without the goals yet. Certainly no long ball hit and hope merchant, how bizarre.

Kevin kilbane on five live Saturday, said that grealish was name he'd been hearing about for the past 5 years.

This isn't another albrighton. This is one of the biggest potentials in the league right now.

Garth Crooks calls him Charlton-esque in his team of the week.

Is that acceptable?

No. On the footballing spectrum he's more like Bannan

what Grealish is like a Bannana?   You been reading that forum again?  :P

• Like 1

Is that acceptable?

No. On the footballing spectrum he's more like Bannan

So similar to Xavi then?

In no way is he similar to Xavi Agbonlahor  :P - sorry - I'll get me coat and beat myself senseless with a cucumber!

Is that acceptable?

I don't see the comparison myself. Charlton was more explosive with a great shooting power in either foot. He's unlike most English players because he's so comfortable on the ball. Iniesta I can see the comparison but he has miles to go be anywhere near his level. 

Whether his style is similar to Iniestas or not, i don't understand why anybody is being negative about him.......

If you can't see that this guy has huge potential and was quite obviously born with tons of natural ability then maybe the game of football just isn't for you.

Â