The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On that Barcelona forum linked a few pages back. And once again I'm not saying Grealish is as good as Iniesta, just that he reminds me of him terms of style of play and the way he handles the ball.

I told you all to get ready for the truth...

"He reminds me of Andres Iniesta. He’s a similar player – he’s always ready to receive the ball and good at running with it, too."

Independent

I hadn't seen that, but more proof that I'm not the only one to think it.

"He reminds me of Andres Iniesta. He’s a similar player – he’s always ready to receive the ball and good at running with it, too."

Independent

Those quotes are from Gabby  :crylaugh:

Seriously Iniesta's USP is close-ball control so good that it almost defies the logic and human eye. Grealish is like all the players we produce a punt and run merchant. I'm not saying he isn't a decent player, but comparisons to Iniesta are not only delusional but unfounded.  

Well I think that my comparing him to Iniesta is a lot more accurate than your description of him being 'a punt and run merchant'. That couldn't be further from the truth.

Independent

Seriously Iniesta's USP is close-ball control so good that it almost defies the logic and human eye. Grealish is like all the players we produce a punt and run merchant. I'm not saying he isn't a decent player, but comparisons to Iniesta are not only delusional but unfounded.

Have you actually watched Grealish or only listened to the radio? He as far from a "punt and run merchant" as nearly anyone in the English game.

Independent

Really? :lol:

I'm guessing you've not actually watched him play. 

Albrighton has had a big say in Leicester staying up btw, so be careful before you knock him. 

Iniesta can take players on with the ball pretty much stuck to his foot, Grealish like 99% of other players would need to knock it passed a player and then chase it. Punt and run.

Therein lies the difference. Therefore comparisons are invalid. 

Albrighton has had a big say in Leicester staying up btw, so be careful before you knock him. 

Iniesta can take players on with the ball pretty much stuck to his foot, Grealish like 99% of other players would need to knock it passed a player and then chase it. Punt and run.

Albrighton is shit. Was that careful enough?

• Like 1

Grealish like 99% of other players would need to knock it passed a player and then chase it. Punt and run.

You have a vastly different understanding of the word punt to pretty much everyone else on the planet then 

Did you see his assist yesterday? Apparently not.

Albrighton is shit. Was that careful enough?

Ooooh, hard man alert. 

• Like 1

Eh?

This is mesmerising! I feel like I'm watching a car crash.

In all seriousness on the footballing spectrum he probably is *closer* to Albrighton than Iniesta, one of the best midfielders of all time, but that's where any agreement I have with you ends. You seem to be using these words and not really understanding what they mean.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Albrighton plays on the right. Grealish on the left/centre.

Albrighton's main attribute is his crossing ability. I don't think I've ever seen Grealish even attempt a cross yet, apart from corners.

Grealish has good close control. Albrighton is average in this department.

Grealish likes to thread through balls into the channels. Albrighton is never even in a position to do this, because he can't play central.

I don't get the comparison at all. In terms of ability he's closer to Albrighton, but in terms of skillset he's definitely more in the Iniesta mould.

Edited by abdomlahor
  • Like 2

Â