The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He should choose England. Picking Ireland would be limiting himself imo. Plus at the end of day, he's a brummie. He's English so he should play for England

You've had plenty of lads play for England that weren't born there, I can list them off if you like!

Sterling being the latest addition to that list

Sterling has lived in England for most of life. Grealish was born in England to English parents and has lived in England his whole life.

Said before, next game, Ireland v England, it's poised for the big decision!

Its only a friendly, so he could play for Ireland in that and go on to play for england as far as I know (Costa did the same thing in 2 Brazil friendlies before declaring for Spain)

If I were jack I'd reject which ever side called him up for the friendly game. It puts him in a difficult position in the public eye and if either side was prepared to do that then I'd worry about my future under them.

• Like 1

He should choose England. Picking Ireland would be limiting himself imo. Plus at the end of day, he's a brummie. He's English so he should play for England

You've had plenty of lads play for England that weren't born there, I can list them off if you like!

Sterling has lived in England for most of life. Grealish was born in England to English parents and has lived in England his whole life.

What about the English FA trying to get Januzzaj on board about 18 months ago? It happens a lot and don't be surprised to see Jack play for Ireland, he has done so since he was 15

What about the English FA trying to get Januzzaj on board about 18 months ago? It happens a lot and don't be surprised to see Jack play for Ireland, he has done so since he was 15

Ireland have a long history of tapping up players with tenors Irish links the best being Tony Cascarino who never had any Irish in him at all! It's a tough position for Jack he's played for Ireland because they called him up as a kid and continued through the ranks but he is English. He should take the summer off have a good think then make a decision for next season. I hope he picks England as he's a joy to watch but Villa seem to do well with an Irish contingent!!

I'm Irish and I don't care who he plays for, if I was him I'd go for England. At the same time I think he'd have more summers sitting on his bum if he declares for Ireland and that can only be good for Villa. I've no doubt he'll make the England squad at some stage and is probably worth a bet to make Euro 16 squad. That being said if I moved to England and had a son who had the choice, I'd want him to play for Ireland.

Edited by Folski

If he gets a call-up then obviously MON has spoke with him though knowing how stubborn he is he probably hasnt. 

Some of comments from Irish fans on social media criticizing him is pathetic especially as we took players that have played Under 21 for Northern Ireland and 2 from Scotland

• Like 2

It's quite a pivotal decision for Jack to make so early on in his career.

On the one hand, yes, I think he is good enough to be called up by England but he may not considered a big enough name to start just yet, which is a shame because he certainly has the ability and would definitely be a starter in 12-18 months time, if he keeps up his performances.

On the other hand, if he does get picked by England and he does opt to play for the national team then his stock will rise considerably and bigger teams (i.e. the Sky 4) will come knocking very quickly. Even though he is a Villa fan and a Brummie, in this scenario, we might find it hard to keep him at the club by the end of next season. If he ever did join a different side, depending on how highly he's rated at the time of a potential move, he might either play a bit-part role for another team or be a starter, week in, week out. Either way, it's a big gamble.

However, if he does choose ROI, there is a big chance that he will be more or less a definite starter almost immediately, I would say. Bigger clubs won't come knocking based on the international team he chooses to represent (based on the hype) and he'd be more likely to stay with us and build on his career at Villa.

I wouldn't be too bothered which team he chooses, as long as it doesn't affect Villa in the long run. I can see him being a big player for us in years to come.

• Like 1

Jack should play for England instead of a team who's hopes are usually placed in the hands of a 34 year old player who's well past his best and living in Beverly Hills.

I dream of a successful Irish team which includes Grealish...but if I was him I'd play with England where there is a much greater potential for success and a constant inflow of talent to team.

On an aside, he's going to score the winner in Wembley ;)

If I were him I'd be staying well clear of playing for a MON team. 

He just won't use him right whatsoever. Will play him on the wing and force him to hug the touchline for 90 minutes. 

Plus, if he chooses England he has the prospect of potentially playing alongside Delph and Cleverley. 

• Like 2

He just won't use him right whatsoever. Will play him on the wing and force him to hug the touchline for 90 minutes. 

Plus, if he chooses England he has the prospect of potentially playing alongside Delph and Cleverley. 

Yeah O'Neill the useless *****

He only took Young and Downing from two relegation teams and got them in England squads and moves to the two biggest clubs in the country.

He only took Young and Downing from two relegation teams and got them in England squads and moves to the two biggest clubs in the country.

Yeah, wingers.

Jack isn't a winger in the traditional sense, hence my comment about hugging a touchline, like he did with Young.... 

He took wingers and used them as wingers?

HOLY SHIT!  REVELATION!!£!£"4

Indeed.

No matter what supermon the manager or the poster will tell you, Grealish is not a winger. He's an inside forward or number 10 and I don't think O'Neill has the balls to utilise him as a 10 or a secondary striker.

Tactically England aren't a much better fit for him but I am less confident he would be misused.

Lambert had him hugging the touchline too.

O'Neill confirmed he wanted to call him up but Jack has declined, so that's that then, England it is :-(

Not necessarily.

Jack has stated that he is taking a year out to concentrate on his club form and that he looks forward to playing again for Ireland next year. Now that may change of course, but he hasn't gone back on his word.

Â