The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Thing that pisses me off is that Jack is only 19 and he is still technically involved in a relegation battle and biggest game of his career in 2 weeks and these idiots in the press are just trying to put him off his game

Thing that pisses me off is that Jack is only 19 and he is still technically involved in a relegation battle and biggest game of his career in 2 weeks and these idiots in the press are just trying to put him off his game

:lol:

Oh yeah, the media is all sitting around thinking "how can we make jack grealish play worse"

I don't know what planet some people live on sometimes

• Like 2

Personally I don't see there's any more to read into it. He's not ready to commit and wants to concentrate on his club football. As we've got some important games coming up and the Ireland games are friendlies then he'll probably get away with it as far as the media are concerned. Next time England or Ireland come calling he's going to have to make a choice.

Seems to me that the lad has his head screwed on and getting good support from his family and Villa. Hope he manages to stay this down to earth as it's becoming more of a rarity in football these days.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, the media is all sitting around thinking "how can we make jack grealish play worse"

I don't think that was the implication. Take a little look around at your own planet there champ,

I don't think that was the implication. Take a little look around at your own planet there champ,

Really? You don't think " these idiots in the press are just trying to put him off his game"  is to be reasonably taken as the media is trying to make him play worse? What other way can trying to put him off his game be taken?

• Like 1

'Waiting until the end of the season' and 'concentrating on my football' tends to mean, 'I'm going to leave and upset the fans'.

If he really wanted to plan for Eire then I think he would have accepted a call up.

Really? You don't think " these idiots in the press are just trying to put him off his game"  is to be reasonably taken as the media is trying to make him play worse? What other way can trying to put him off his game be taken?

you do understand how the media work? Do you think all the reports that Wayne Rooney has had to put up with in last 10 years or so was to his benefit. Or how about Sterling in last 6 months?

Brilliant news. Let's hope England give him a call up and include Delph and Cleverley in the side too.

Yeah because our players getting call ups usually works out well for us, doesn't it? 

Sod that - change your mind and go for Ireland,Jack! Before it's too late!

Of course playing for England will mean other clubs will be interested in our players. That's a good thing. If nobody is interested in a player, or no big clubs, means he's probably playing poorly. 

Nigel?

Jack had accepted the call up to Ireland squad today and just before the squad was announced MON and Sherwood had words, Tim apparently told him to focus on Villa for the next few weeks and not to be distracted especially as still in relegation battle and cup final, press conference was delayed by almost 40 mins because Martin was chatting to Tim at the last minute before making the announcement to the media.

Fairly confident he will stick with Ireland which he has done for the past 5 years.

Whether it's true or not, I don't know. But it doesn't make much sense. Him saying yes/no to Ireland surely wouldn't make much different to Villla, would it? I'm assuming the games he was called up for are after the FA Cup Final and therefore he can focus on Villa until then, either way?

Really hope he picks England over Ireland. Not just because I want him too, but playing alongside better players can only help.

Edited by kurtsimonw

England haven't done anything to help his career to date, hopefully he is loyal to the country who selected him for the past 5 years

Yes, he's grown in to the footballer he is now because of Ireland, not because of England. :crylaugh:

• Like 1

England haven't done anything to help his career to date, hopefully he is loyal to the country who selected him for the past 5 years

Yes, he's grown in to the footballer he is now because of Ireland, not because of England. :crylaugh:

I am talking about playing for Ireland at underage level would have helped develop him.

I don't see what all the fuss is about. 

Imo the guy is English until he chooses Ireland at the FIFA recognised level. 

He's Mum was born in England, He's Dad was born in England, He was born in England, he holds a British passport. 

However his granddad was born in Ireland and he has played a few non competitive youth level games for them so he's Irish? 

Yeah… Okay!

• Like 1

Â