The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I have spoken to a man city player today - he has no idea whats happening. This is actually true

with respect, even if he knew it was a done deal, he would have given you the exact same answer

I'm sure it's been picked up on here, but worth a reminder.

Early in the euros, Jack was asked by an It Italian journalist about similarities between him and Francesco Totti. He said that Totti played for one club throughout his career.Positive...Hopefully, he still sees things this way.

56 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Just been speaking with Francis Lee's son, Nik. He says that despite his dad being very well connected at the club still, there are very few people outside of the relevant parties that are privy to any transfer information up there - including him. Other clubs know that City have huge resources, so they try to do things quietly before prices get amplified. Obviously not always possible.

What he did say is that for both Grealish and Kane it's far from certain that an actual bid will go in for either player as they fear neither club will actually sell. No insight on any release clauses, nor was there any thoughts on whether Jack actually wants to go to City.

Main point he made was that ITKs and journalists wouldn't have much real information to feed on.

....except Sam Lee obviously!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I have noticed City have been selling off a bunch of fringe/younger players stacking up even more funds. Also that Khladoon owner said City will go big to make sure they stay on top

They wanted to ship out Sterling though, they thought he would get big bids

46 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

It was actually quite refreshing to speak to someone who('s dad) would be genuinely ITK say that they hear very little across the board.

Naturally, Franny Lee is not of the stature of Trudy in the Villa Club Shop, but we make the best of the contacts we have.

Are you a bog roll salesman or has franny given up his toilet roll empire? 

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

Yeah, but Fairy's mate knows everything. He knows about the illegal tapping up that happened back in December (it didn't), he knows about the £300k/week that Shitty are offering him (they aren't), he knows that Villa dont know about this (this is not unreasonable since it never happened), he knows that Jack is desperate to join them (just like he was desperate to join Yooonited last year) (he wasn't), he knows that Jack sulked massively about not being able to go to Spurs (he didn't) and he knows that the deal will be done on Monday or Tuesday (we assume next week but this was not actually specified).

So yes, plenty there to convince me that Jack is leaving 🤣

But there's more... then when we find out that training staff at Villa are telling people on a City forum that it is done and dusted, and add in that the Villa shop has been kept in the loop about the (non-existant) negotiations and told to stop selling Grealish shirts, and then add in that Greg **** Evan has said that he feels that something will happen, despite saying a month ago that a deal was signed and sealed....

Then, the fail says that City are preparing a bid of £75m, despite saying they had met the release clause of £100m a month ago.

I mean, come on against that overwhelming weight of evidence.... how can we possibly believe he will stay (he will)

What I actually said was "Spurs he has said he sulked over its collapse" you can go back and check. 

here's Jack himself on the subject:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-jack-grealish-tottenham-16707528

Grealish added: "Of course there's going to be disappointment there. They've beaten Manchester United 3-0 at Old Trafford, they're playing Barcelona in the Champions League next week. I felt that if I'd gone there I could have maybe been in the England squad by the end of the year.

"At the start of the season my head was swivelled, it was all over the place. Even after the transfer window closed, until the end of August, I wasn't right. I thought I was leaving. Before the new owners, Villa needed the money so I kind of accepted that me going would save the club.

"It's not like I was devastated it didn't happen, though, because I've still got to realise how lucky I am to be playing for my boyhood club. I've played over 100 games for Villa and I've only just turned 23."

Edited by Fairy In Boots

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

He would be on massive wages and no similar sized club would want him. So either a big pay drop or sent out on loan.

I obviously wouldn't want it to happen. But IF Jack was to leave. £80m + Sterling would be something I could maybe learn to live with.

I'd be gutted. But I could learn to live with it.

• Sad 1

Spoke to my cousin today and he said Jack is definitely staying.

He has absolutely no connections to either club or any players and it was a complete guess

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

What I actually said was "Spurs he has said he sulked over its collapse" you can go back and check. 

here's Jack himself on the subject:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-jack-grealish-tottenham-16707528

Right... no sulking there. He thought he was going as Villa were in dire trouble. Then NSWE came in and the rest is history. A confusing time for a young man for sure. But no sulking.

• Like 1

Â