The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

If I was a City fan I think once I’d seen them lift the champions league I’d call it a day and start following a non league club.  I don’t envy them at all, I remember what the club used to be like and they must be absolutely dying to just feel something again.  

I think your correct. I know a couple of City fans and their never excited about anything anymore. We've had many convos about them losing passion for the game. Continually winning has left a mark on that club to the point I would say many can't even be bothered to go games anymore. Coming out of Wembley last year, Villa were in better spirits than them, and we lost. 

My opinion is Man City aren't a big club, successful most definitely, but quite soulless now and plastic. I just do not see any attraction other than dough and Pep.   

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Grealish must know about this and be open to a move, it doesn't just happen without his knowledge surely.

If that's the case then he's as good as gone.

However, Villa and NSWE should stand firm and knock back any offers. Hopefully he won't force through a move as his reputation will suffer.

What makes you so sure?

Jack and his agent would have been well aware of the interest from manu last summer, including the supposed new house near Manchester, rumours Jack was a lifelong yanited fan and Jack’s family apparently telling horse fanciers that the transfer was as good as done.

Following all of that, a new 5 year contract at Villa was, not ‘good as’, but actually done, so you’ll see why I’m curious you think that Jack and his agent performing similarly this summer means he’s as good as gone?

The other factor in this, and it’s a two sided coin, is Jack’s injury issue.

From what little info has been released it seems as though he may have an ongoing problem with his shins, something that perhaps needs to be ‘managed’ and if so, will only get worse as his career goes on (you would think).

On the positive side for us, it may make him difficult to justify paying £100M for, equally it may influence his decision to want to move as he may feel like he’s on an accelerated timer of sorts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

100 million buys 2 x Ben Whites in today's market. It's rubbish. Grealish worth more than that in marketing value alone

He's priceless to us 100%. But if he goes that money is good for us. It's the most we'll get. If it buys two Ben white equivalents in attacking players it's a good outcome. 

I want him to say. He's immense to us. But if hes going to go we need a good deal to move on from him. Plus FFP bringing in 100mill gives wiggle room to spend more?

It's a what if scenario. I guess my point is, of all the stars we've lost over the years this is the one we'll get most compensated for. Which allows us to at least do something positive in return.

Reading alot of City fans comments on YouTube, and other social media, alot of them actually don't really rate him.

Well they don't rate him over the likes of Silva, Mahrez etc.

A few of them would be ok with Sterling going, but most of what I've seen, the sentiment is he's not needed. They need a striker more etc.

Which is public knowledge.

I think whatever happens here the club is the winner.  Keep Jack, he is part of the journey, sell Jack, he pays for the journey.

Personally, I don’t think he fits Pep’s philosophy of moving the ball quickly, if there is one thing Jack does its slow the game down.  It works for Villa, not sure he will get that luxury elsewhere.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

My feeling is, if he gets an option of a move to city and the money feels right to villa he will want to go. City represent almost guaranteed trophies and If they don't get Jack they get someone else. This could be a once in his lifetime opportunity so he will have a very difficult decision to make. 

As much as I (and I'm sure Jack) would love to achieve these things at villa, it seems far less likely.

Unless Jack thinks he shin condition is worse than citeh’s medical department will discover, at 25 years old, I doubt this ‘big move’ will be his only opportunity. My hope is Jack gives us another season for Europa qualification and a further season for CL qualification before deciding if his big move is actually staying put at Villa.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Reading alot of City fans comments on YouTube, and other social media, alot of them actually don't really rate him.

Well they don't rate him over the likes of Silva, Mahrez etc.

A few of them would be ok with Sterling going, but most of what I've seen, the sentiment is he's not needed. They need a striker more etc.

Which is public knowledge.

Seen it all before.

People absolutely cannot accept how good he is because he's at Villa.

It'll carry on if he stays. The logic is...if he's at Villa, he must be of a certain level. He can't possibly be as good as XYZ at greedy 6 club.

There's also a lot of jealousy there. They (fans of basically all other clubs) hate he's stayed loyal and don't think it's fair their favourite/best player forced his way out to go to City/Utd/Chelsea/Real/Barca.

It might happen in this situation as well of course. Just watch him suddenly be widely accepted as one of the best in the world if he does go, yet he somehow won't be if he stays.

• Like 1

Rather than just the money I'd be making these clubs who want him hand over there top star or stars and see how they react to that. I feel that whatever a club tries to pay is just never going to be enough, but if they are made to hand over one of there best, now the story has a different feel to it and it feels like we're getting someone worthy for trading away our best player.

The trade has to pay off and don't think 100 mill is worth it for what we'd be losing.

Edited by Dave-R

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Rather than just the money I'd be making these clubs who want him hand over there top star or stars and see how they react to that. I feel that whatever a club tries to pay is just never going to be enough, but if they are made to hand over one of there best, now the story has a different feel to it and it feels like we're getting someone worthy for trading away our best player.

The trade has to pay off and don't think 100 mill is worth it for what we'd be losing.

100 mill plus Foden and Jesus to open talks... lol

" No? alright, well piss off then! "

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

If I was a City fan I think once I’d seen them lift the champions league I’d call it a day and start following a non league club.  I don’t envy them at all, I remember what the club used to be like and they must be absolutely dying to just feel something again.  

Guess hanging out with supermodels all the time gets boring after a while. 

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

What do people think the ammont of Money that feels right to Villa???

I think the answers easy when you put Jack on the scales and then the money on the other scale, Jack will always feel more heavier, way more heavier than the money thrown on. I've tried putting a price on his head and I fail everytime. For a Villa fan or Owners you can plainly see how important Jack is and what he does for the club at every level but for the outside they just see him as a tool to be used up.

We have to be the club that sells Jack when he starts declining or just before, we have to see that but before the buying club does.

I think the right price depends very much on if you want to sell, if the player wants to leave, level of interest from other clubs. Everyone and everything has a price. 

• Like 1

I think we have 1 more season with him, he said he wants to win Champs League or Euros\WC - that’s next year, he is in squad (and it is not because he is a villa player he is not a starter) so I reckon, sign 5 years last year was with all with that in mind, means we still get decent money.  So long and short of it ‘it comes home’ and he stays forever :)

4 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Ben White is a bit like how we see Grealish compared to other fans, unless you’ve seen him play more than 5 times, you don’t fully appreciate how good he is.

Two Ben whites would be pretty good business. Not that I want to seek Grealish at all, and I don’t think he will be leaving at all either. 

Brighton fans don't even think he is that good. He is Brightons 3rd best Cb. He only won POTS because it was an open twitter poll and Leeds fans hijacked it. 

1 hour ago, villan_007 said:

He's priceless to us 100%. But if he goes that money is good for us. It's the most we'll get. If it buys two Ben white equivalents in attacking players it's a good outcome. 

I want him to say. He's immense to us. But if hes going to go we need a good deal to move on from him. Plus FFP bringing in 100mill gives wiggle room to spend more?

It's a what if scenario. I guess my point is, of all the stars we've lost over the years this is the one we'll get most compensated for. Which allows us to at least do something positive in return.

We will not sell for less than 150 million. I would be angry with less than 200 and disappointed with less than 250. Just financially speaking. Losing Jack is the equivalent of losing 100 million in prize money (European football + 6->17th in the league). On top of all his marketing Value. In one year. He is worth at least 150 million a year to us. And selling him for less would be stupid. 

Â