The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, jim said:

We don’t know what Jack is thinking. Yes he loves the club but he may also want to play on the biggest stage and win trophies. He might feel he can get that elsewhere. Don’t take anything for granted in football, it will always lead to heartbreak.

I'm talking about in that post is if he is a fan, if he's that much a die hard Villa fanatic, then the only thing that will prize him from the club is if the Owners need the money and they have to sell the bloke. 

Hypothetically (big hypothetical) if Jack had been told this year that his constant Shin issues are going to be a factor throughout his career and that it's likely his career at the very top will be shorter than he'd have hoped - or he'll need to play less games to lengthen his career... 

Would that change anybodies opinion on him leaving

I wonder if that would change Jacks opinion on staying here for his career or moving whilst he can.

I know it's a big if, but we've talked a lot about the need to manage his minutes. Nobody better to work with than Pep for that

43 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Were going to be arriving at the first billion pound player at this rate because we just won't be happy I don't think.

I'd also like to think that when our Owners bought the club of of the DR, they questioned what is the main selling point of Villa if they needed to do a runner and sell on and the answer at that time surely must of been Jack.

Now at this moment in time Jack is still one of the most valuable reasons to own Villa. Imagine building on that which the Owners are trying to do and are slowly achieving, no way would you get rid of a player who's name can bring others through the door.

Selling Grealish would it devalue Villa? of course it would, selling him would it make the place less attractive, of course it would. Selling Grealish would have so many negative affects that it's just not worth doing just yet at least not untill we can bring the same list of players with ease as the likes of City, UTD, Chelsea and Pool can bring in and be that attractive a place for players.

Agreed there is just so much value Grealish actually brings to the club that 1 billion pounds could be a fully justified price. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

There isn't one, but the tabloids will make you think there is.

No, I didn't think so. TBH I hadn't heard anyone mention there already was an agreement in place. The media and so called big six are just a bunch of slags making up shit as they go along. 

If ever there was a time to break through and fight fire with fire against them clubs it's now, after they're snakelike behaviour earlier this year.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Hypothetically (big hypothetical) if Jack had been told this year that his constant Shin issues are going to be a factor throughout his career and that it's likely his career at the very top will be shorter than he'd have hoped - or he'll need to play less games to lengthen his career... 

I wonder if that would change Jacks opinion on staying here for his career or moving whilst he can.

I know it's a big if, but we've talked a lot about the need to manage his minutes. Nobody better to work with than Pep for that

Please....Like we haven't managed his minutes?? He's had virtually 3 months off the recuperate in time for the euros, the club have been more than protective of him. I would also say that he'd receive far more protection from Smith than Pep. 

If he went to shity or anywhere else make no mistake, they'd want their 100m plus in flesh or it would be death by social media. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think this is being overlooked tbh. Let’s say Grealish can only play 25 games in a season, all of a sudden, 100m+ isn’t the worst deal in the world. 

The club will know exactly what state Jack’s shins are in. We all saw the way they handled Jack’s injury in the media, they tried to keep it as hush hush as possible when they knew from the very start he’d be out for 3 months. I found the whole thing very odd.

Look at the way he plays for England, it looks to me as if he’s trying to protect his shins and not overdo it. He’s probably playing with the injury tbh. 

We obviously want Jack to stay because we’re offering him a new contract but the club will take a pragmatic view on his injury and the size of the bids coming in. Absolutely every player.has his price and if say, City were to offer 120m, the club has a difficult decision to make.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

Please....Like we haven't managed his minutes?? He's had virtually 3 months off the recuperate in time for the euros, the club have been more than protective of him. I would also say that he'd receive far more protection from Smith than Pep. 

If he went to shity or anywhere else make no mistake, they'd want their 100m plus in flesh or it would be death by social media. 

True but was that injury not caused by us not managing his minutes well enough. Its not just the playing time either its the amount he has to do in a game for us. Guess with better players we will be able to manage him better 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think this is being overlooked tbh. Let’s say Grealish can only play 25 games in a season, all of a sudden, 100m+ isn’t the worst deal in the world. 

The club will know exactly what state Jack’s shins are in. We all saw the way they handled Jack’s injury in the media, they tried to keep it as hush hush as possible when they knew from the very start he’d be out for 3 months. I found the whole thing very odd.

Look at the way he plays for England, it looks to me as if he’s trying to protect his shins and not overdo it. He’s probably playing with the injury tbh. 

We obviously want Jack to stay because we’re offering him a new contract but the club will take a pragmatic view on his injury and the size of the bids coming in. Absolutely every player.has his price and if say, City were to offer 120m, the club has a difficult decision to make.

There is also the point to be made then that if Jack is going to have a long term issue with his shins and needs management, the likelhood of someone spending 100m plus is remote. Any potential buyer will also do their due diligence when assessing spending that amount of money. On that basis would you spend that cash on Jack or look elsewhere?  

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

True but was that injury not caused by us not managing his minutes well enough. Its not just the playing time either its the amount he has to do in a game for us. Guess with better players we will be able to manage him better 

This being the main point, Enhancing the squad overall will allow us if needed to manage him better going forward if necessary. 

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

There is also the point to be made then that if Jack is going to have a long term issue with his shins and needs management, the likelhood of someone spending 100m plus is remote. Any potential buyer will also do their due diligence when assessing spending that amount of money. On that basis would you spend that cash on Jack or look elsewhere?  

Agreed but it might be one of those injuries that could go either way. For example, may look ok now but in a couple of years time, it could flare up. I don’t know, but you make a good point. 

The club will do what’s best I’m sure. 

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

If you're a club that won't play him 50 games a season anyway and can happily burn cash to have the new Beckham in your colours during his prime years

14 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Again, it was a hypothetical. And also, no we didn't manage his minutes until he was injured

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

This being the main point, Enhancing the squad overall will allow us if needed to manage him better going forward if necessary. 

If by managing him better you mean resting him more, I'd gotta disagree with you there chief. Smith won't even sub Mcginn and Watkins and has them play every minute, we are far and away from having enough quality in the rest of the squad for Smith to consider resting Grealish more.

It wasn't so much about what we could do differently as a club. That much is clear - buy a better squad so it isn't Jack FC. 

It was, hypothetically, would it change Jacks outlook on his career to know it would be more limited than he had hoped. A finite amount of games or at worst a finite amount of seasons to achieve what he wants.

Would he then decide that being Mr Aston Villa for a limited time may not be it for him, he may want to win trophies now.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

The only way Grealish would ever want to move is if a move is forced on him out of here, he's not going to want that as he loves Villa to bits.

How much are flights to your world mate?......sounds ace and absolutely nothing like the REAL world the rest of us live in 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Again, it was a hypothetical. And also, no we didn't manage his minutes until he was injured

What do you mean manage his minutes? Sub him every week when he's fit? Why would you do that with your best player for a start? Especially if there is no sign of an impending problem. Many players played nearly every minute of last season for many clubs. You don't just make subs for the sake of reducing a players minutes unless you are aware there is an issue or the player is knackered. 

5 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

What do you mean manage his minutes? Sub him every week when he's fit? Why would you do that with your best player for a start? Especially if there is no sign of an impending problem. Many players played nearly every minute of last season for many clubs. You don't just make subs for the sake of reducing a players minutes unless you are aware there is an issue or the player is knackered. 

I think you're misunderstanding that I'm saying hypothetically what if that was the case and we are now aware that it's an issue.

I'm not saying we did anything wrong last year. It's not even about us. I'm saying, if that's the case that Jack is now aware of after his injury, would it change anything. 

I feel like you're ignoring everything I've said and have picked up on one point and ran with it

14 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

If by managing him better you mean resting him more, I'd gotta disagree with you there chief. Smith won't even sub Mcginn and Watkins and has them play every minute, we are far and away from having enough quality in the rest of the squad for Smith to consider resting Grealish more.

Yes but you are basing this on there being no long term issue with Jacks injury, I'm not. If he needs resting then whether we have the squad or not he'll be rested. If he's fit and good to go then he plays. It's that simple.

My point was as the squad improves so will the opportunity to reduce min and rotate more. 

11 minutes ago, eholm said:

How much are flights to your world mate?......sounds ace and absolutely nothing like the REAL world the rest of us live in 😂😂

Talking in regards if he's a diehard Villa fan, what is wrong with that I ask you?? 

As for the price of Flights to my world or anyone elses, they don't allow Jack asses on them, that's why your grounded son and not allowed to fly period 🤣

Â