The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The thing is Villa would take Grealish with dodgy shins and all,  he is one of our own - he is a Villan.  It is not about money for us.  We would make every attempt to manage his injury issues and make him a key part of our team regardless. Our board wouldn't think twice about offering him a new deal, even if he was currently injured for a lengthy period of time. The club wouldn't cash in on him even with serious injury issues. We all value his contributions, we would stand by him every step of the way either on the field or off it. He is the face of Aston Villa, which is no light thing - it is a great privilege.

City would just chew him up and spit him out, quickly moving on to the next shiny thing in sight. They are a ruthless machine. I personally think he wouldn't fit in with a club like that. I think it would be the end of Super Jack. The truth is City is a hollow place. Every victory for City would mean a lot less than it would at the Villa. Those on that obnoxious Bluemoon forum try to deny it and put on a brave face, but you just know it is true.  A lot of them haven't even missed going to the Etihad during the pandemic which speaks volumes. They are just a brand, we are a football club. UTV!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I'm talking about in that post is if he is a fan, if he's that much a die hard Villa fanatic, then the only thing that will prize him from the club is if the Owners need the money and they have to sell the bloke. 

He can still be a “diehard fan” and want to further his career. You are thinking far too much how we as fans would behave rather than a fan who is also an ambitious professional footballer with the world at his feet.

Wanting to move on to further his career after giving the best part of twenty years to his boyhood club, doesn’t make him any less of a ‘fan’.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think you're misunderstanding that I'm saying hypothetically what if that was the case and we are now aware that it's an issue.

I'm not saying we did anything wrong last year. It's not even about us. I'm saying, if that's the case that Jack is now aware of after his injury, would it change anything. 

I feel like you're ignoring everything I've said and have picked up on one point and ran with it

Definitely not. You mentioned Pep being best to manage Jack minutes and you also said we hadn't managed Jack's minutes until he got injured. That's all I've responded to. I haven't ignored what else you have said because there is nothing to agree or disagree with really. 

There is no argument or trying to fall out, just a disagreement on the 2 points above. 

• I don't think Pep is better qualified than anyone else to manage injuries or a players minutes. 
  • I don't believe we needed to manage Jack's minutes until he got injured.

I hope that explains where I'm coming from and that there is no silliness on my part. 

28 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think you're misunderstanding that I'm saying hypothetically what if that was the case and we are now aware that it's an issue.

I'm not saying we did anything wrong last year. It's not even about us. I'm saying, if that's the case that Jack is now aware of after his injury, would it change anything. 

I feel like you're ignoring everything I've said and have picked up on one point and ran with it

Wouldn’t change anything for me.  Jack brings more than just what he does on the pitch.  The additional commercial revenue and attracting other players to the club.  Then even if he only plays 65% of the season, in that time he brings in extra points.  His value to Villa is worth more than 100m we’d get for him.

I think we’d also manage it better than Man City because the club will do anything for Jack whereas he’s almost just another player at Man City even if he cost 100m and they may play him less in critical games because of his injury risk and really Jack would be going there for the critical games in his mind.  

Plus with quality at Man City if Jack is out because of an injury, when he does come back it could be 10-20 games before he gets any real game time because somebody is playing really well in his position.  At Villa he plays when he wants and we’ll protect him when he needs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm posting on Blue Moon that Grealish is not for sale and they're absolute melts complaining that he deserves the move. I used to like City fans

Oh my God...

They must hate him... or he has done something heinously wrong to upset them...

What kind of animal would say something as evil as someone "deserves to move to Manchester"?!

51 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Talking in regards if he's a diehard Villa fan, what is wrong with that I ask you?? 

As for the price of Flights to my world or anyone elses, they don't allow Jack asses on them, that's why your grounded son and not allowed to fly period 🤣

image.jpeg.d4ed69156e4a4d57f79127745c7c81b8.jpeg

😂....so as not to bore the rest of the thread, let’s agree to disagree mate 👍

59 minutes ago, jim said:

He can still be a “diehard fan” and want to further his career. You are thinking far too much how we as fans would behave rather than a fan who is also an ambitious professional footballer with the world at his feet.

Wanting to move on to further his career after giving the best part of twenty years to his boyhood club, doesn’t make him any less of a ‘fan’.

Maybe hes fine where he is and your also thinking a player has to move because he has ambitions. Sometimes players are just happy where they are at and are still Ambitious. Being a die hard fan and staying at the club you know you can bring better days to, to some just means more than winning a trophy elsewhere. I guess we will see this window when it's all done.

We've been going through this since we've arrived back in the prem with some of you and every time we go through it some of you start going on about how he's leaving us and he's got this ambition. Let's put it like this, all those football players have ambition, the moment they are up there in that league or even started playing the game at a professional level or where the cream of the crop are ambition is there. They had to have ambition to get into that league in the first place. You can be a fan and have ambition and still decide not to move to these so called big 6 clubs all because a trophy may be up for grabs. Some of you do go off at times like you can only have ambition if you want out of the rest of the clubs in the premier and make a move to those 6 clubs and want to go play at City, UTD, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal or Pool.

Don't you think the gap has been closed down, that there are more than just 6 Ambitious clubs in this league? I would say that there are and I'd say Villa is one of those clubs along with the likes of Westham, Leeds, Leicester and so on. Ambition is furthering yourself and achieving goals. Grealish may feel he has different goals to those at the 6 clubs in mention. Grealish goals maybe lifting Villa to all the heights he can before his playing days are over and if that's at the cost of trophys then so be it, doesn't mean he hasn't got Ambition now does it? we don't know do we just where his ambition goes in his head? He can maybe do that all at Villa later without the need of a move to any of those clubs so long as the Owners can make there plans happen in Jack's career time. Maybe Jack feels he will keep plodding on at Villa while ever the club is on the rise, let's face it you'd have to be bonkers just leaving while we the club is moving on up.

Grealish could end up sitting on the bench at City during a European cup campaign and the club goes ahead and wins the cup. Does that make Grealish feel he's an Ambitious person if he hardly went and kicked a ball at City which could very well happen? I don't think it does does it compared to being captain at Villa or playing the amount of football and achieving better league positioning at his club, lifting his boyhood club up and up. Grealish can be a fan, have Ambition and it may all fall at his feet in a season or three at Villa. If it's one thing we all should know about Jack is that he has patients to see things through because his time here he's stuck it out.

Do you think things were being built up for nothing by our Owners, Our Owners have Ambition and that Ambition is trickling down to the clubs players. Those of you who keep thinking he's going to leave this window, like you did the previous and the previous before that keep talking about this Ambition as if it means you can't have any unless you sign for a so called big 6 club. This Ambition, which is a strong desire to achieve something, I'm pretty sure that can also mean staying put at the club you love and put Europe and winning a league title to the side and achieve other goals right?? I know some of you think he's off and that's totally fine but untill it all happens and we see him in another shirt we should just enjoy every season we have with Jack. 

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 3

Just now, eholm said:

image.jpeg.d4ed69156e4a4d57f79127745c7c81b8.jpeg

😂....so as not to bore the rest of the thread, let’s agree to disagree mate 👍

I were hoping we could of carried it on, I thought you were one of the exciting ones, you dissapoint 🤣

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I were hoping we could of carried it on, I thought you were one of the exciting ones, you dissapoint 🤣

Haha! After reading your previous post to Jim above, I don’t think my thumbs could take it 😂

Edited by eholm
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, eholm said:

Haha! After reading your previous post to Jim above, I don’t think my thumbs could take it 😂

Well I was about to book you a flight to my world as a one off, a sort of a holiday for you 🤣

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jim said:

Yes it does... Especially if the team he is allegedly moving to is one that will be challenging in the same league as us...

That means that he will actively go out of his way to see his "boyhood club" fail if it means that he can win a cup...

If he was going to PSG, or Real, or Juve... I'd wish him all the best and pack his bag myself... but he, allegedly, wants to move up the road to Manchester City...

And if he does that, all it says is "I want to play against Villa twice a year and beat them... I hope I can score the goal that relegates them as well"

Embrace the hate mate... Its us against them... and if he picks them, he isnt one of us anymore ;)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

This, I would crawl over broken glass just to wank in the shadow, suck the farts out of her arse and gargle on her piss........

for starters 

I'm all for that except the farts. can't stand women farting, or farting in general.

1 hour ago, MNVillan said:

Villa’s social media are still pumping up Jack in the Euros. They tweeted a picture gallery of him and Mings in training an hour ago. Surely they wouldn’t do that if Jack had one foot out the door.

The club is in contract negotiations with his agent, mate. There’s nothing at all to worry about unless they go south. I’ve no doubt Barnett would like to move him for the £££, but don’t see our side flinching from making Jack a very, very rich young man at Villa.

If he does decide to go regardless, the fee will be massive and the spending to replace him, epic. Either way we’re going to be fine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MNVillan said:

Villa’s social media are still pumping up Jack in the Euros. They tweeted a picture gallery of him and Mings in training an hour ago. Surely they wouldn’t do that if Jack had one foot out the door.

Not sure about that. The club's star player is at the Euros. The social media manager will pump that up regardless.

I’m totally relaxed about this.

£100m doesn’t get you anything these days, so selling him makes 0 sense unless they double that offer.

We’ll bump up his contract to pretty much whatever he wants.  We’re showing ambition, Jack knows there’s good things happening.

I’m not concerned at all.

Â