The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

35 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

I just watched a video with Harry Pinero and Jack. Jack said before the Liverpool game he had an injection(pain killer?) so didn't know how he would feel, So maybe its long term shin problem hes been nursing and its finally got too bad.

Yeah sounds like a recurring problem. Maybe that stress fracture from before will always be somewhat of an issue for him. Dont expect to see him until after the international break tbh

1 hour ago, Dale said:

Pretty sure someone on here stated categorically that they knew who it was and that it wasn't Jack. 

I was joking. I don't think for one minute it was Jack, I think he values his England career very highly and wouldn't sacrifice that (apart from breaking covid restrictions, drink driving, crashing and leaving the scene of an accident).

Saying that it wouldn't surprise me if it was, there is a whiff of smoke around this as the club havent stated what it is.

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Expect three months of 'he's trained this week so should be ready for the next game' bullcrap.

Yep. 

I really dont like they treat us like fools when jack is injured.  Just tell us the truth. 

Its not life or death ffs 

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep. 

I really dont like they treat us like fools when jack is injured.  Just tell us the truth. 

Its not life or death ffs 

Its a GDPR breach actually unless the players give permission. Its what we do with all of our players

• Thanks 1

I said it during the West Ham game he looked like he was carrying an injury and the games after he wasnt as dynamic, we arent in trouble so best to let him rest it up

For me it displays a lack of confidence when you cannot be straight with a players injury. I’m assuming it’s shin splints again and that it’ll need maybe 2-3 months, similar to the last time. 
I just think the mental message it sends to the rest of the squad is negative, that you have to try and play games with the opposition over whether he plays or not because you lack confidence in the rest of the squad. I simply don’t buy the, “it’s a strange one, we’re not quite sure, we’ll be lead by what jack says”, nonsense. 
Have confidence, put the constant questioning to bed by letting ppl know what the injury is and the predicted timeframe. Then focus the rest of the squad on stepping up and winning football matches. In short, just put a stop to the circus that surrounds Grealish and his injury. The club keep trying to say they’re fed up at being labelled a one man team, yet send mixed messages.

Do you really think the squad and Jack himself don't know exactly what's going on? I suspect they all know just about when he'll be back in the side. That's how businesses work. And we are a business. There's absolutely no reason to tell the fans however. Telling the fans is the equivalent of telling the world. Why would they?

A small retail investor won't know the month by month actions of a big company. The employees probably will. At least that's how it function where I work. 

• Like 3

Last season was sane with Mings snd McGinn no timeframe was given. Mings was rumoured to miss months and think he missed 3 games

This season Barkley and Trez weren't given reports on how long they wiuld be out. Its not some exception just for Jack

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Wasn't the long Championship injury a bit of a mystery as well? Seem to remember we didn't know if he was coming back.

If i remember he was just announced in the squad vs Derby when we had given up wondering when he be back😂

Â