The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

15 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

They said from the start it's almost impossible to predict the length of this injury, but don't let that stop the conspiracy theories or angry entitlement that we're not being told what you feel you deserve to hear.

Not to mention the fact that, even if they did know it was going to be 6 weeks, why say that and let every opposition know.  Then everyone we're facing for the next 6 weeks has the heads up that they'll not have to prepare to handle Jack.

Annoying as fans, understandable as a football club.

20 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

They said from the start it's almost impossible to predict the length of this injury, but don't let that stop the conspiracy theories or angry entitlement that we're not being told what you feel you deserve to hear.

So, if it's that injury, why say he's ill? It's the previous times this has happened. Every single other club knows which of it's players are out and for roughly how long. 

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Not to mention the fact that, even if they did know it was going to be 6 weeks, why say that and let every opposition know.  Then everyone we're facing for the next 6 weeks has the heads up that they'll not have to prepare to handle Jack.

Annoying as fans, understandable as a football club.

It'll get to the point, however, that clubs will look at our injuries and see what we've done before (Engles, Barkley, Jack, probably more?) and they will think 'hes not likely to be back' and thus prepare that way anyway. I don't see it as 'understandable', when it's common practice to put a rough timescale on it. Will other clubs really change the way the play? 1 or 2 might (west ham for example) but I think most clubs will play the same way with or without jack. 

A club is nothing without its fans so you should be as open an honest with them, as best you can. I may be barking up the wrong tree, but this doesn't feel like openess and honesty. 

We were told it was a shin injury and he may be back for Leeds (first week), that was now 3 weeks ago and the excuses have been mounting up since. 

The online rumours were 6 weeks, which is beginning to look more accurate by the week. 

Will he be fit for spurs, or will we hear another excuse? My money is on another excuse. I pray I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

So, if it's that injury, why say he's ill? It's the previous times this has happened. Every single other club knows which of it's players are out and for roughly how long. 

Maybe he is ill?

6 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

We were told it was a shin injury and he may be back for Leeds (first week), that was now 3 weeks ago and the excuses have been mounting up since. 

The bit you're ignoring here is there is always a 'may not' to a 'may'.

This quote was from before the Leeds game:

"He [Grealish] won't be ready for tomorrow, but he's getting better.

"People have been speculating for how long he's going to be out for but I'm not sure how they can do that when I don't know, the doctor doesn't know and Jack himself doesn't know.

"I was very vague last week because it is a bit of a strange injury. Jack could be back to play against Sheffield United on Wednesday or Wolves next week so we'll very much be judged by Jack on that.

"It's a lower leg injury. He had some discomfort, so he went to see the doctor and they decided that he needed a period of rest until he was pain-free.

"I believe that he's very close to being pain-free now and such is Jack he'll want to play as soon as he can."

Since reading the bolded part a few weeks ago I've not made any assumptions about when he'll be back as presumably the doctor that couldn't tell themselves has access to more information than any of us.

10 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

A club is nothing without its fans so you should be as open an honest with them, as best you can. I may be barking up the wrong tree, but this doesn't feel like openess and honesty. 

Them saying from the beginning they have no idea when he'll be back was them being honest.

Either way it really doesn't bother me, I'm not that sensitive.

4 hours ago, est1874 said:

It is what it is, yes, but in the meantime we don't have anyone capable of unlocking the opposition, so it's hard news for most realists to take.

The thought of going to Steve Bruce's Newcastle and not winning is just deeply depressing but that's the likelihood without Jack.

It's been said a hundred times but how we've managed to spend approx £200m over the last 2 years and still not have a creative player who can even do a half-job of filling in for Jack is ridiculous.

Tough though isn't it. You could spent £200m on two players and you probably still wouldn't have anyone as good as him.

I agree it's annoying we've looked a bit dry creatively without him.

I think we're moving towards a Liverpool style setup of three very hard working midfielders, with three very attacking forwards.

4 hours ago, Risso said:

We've ended up with three wide players in Trez, El Ghazi and Traore who are all shite for 75% of the time. When Jack isn't fit, we really do see the overall quality in the team drop by about a third, he's that important.

Trez and El Ghazi yes.

I think Traore is closer to 60 good 40 bad IMO.

Really like Bert, as frustrating as he can be. I think he'll draw some gasps when crowds are back. He's done much better than I thought he would but I think we needed a more direct player than the one we ended up with. Paying what we did was very surprising as well, he was totally done at Lyon. Would be like us selling Engels for £12m in the summer.

Jack is that good he does make teammates lazy. They don't play properly sometimes, they just look around for him and wait for him to create.

I think it's a tricky thing to solve, because when he is there he should be getting the ball as much as we can get it to him.

5 hours ago, imavillan said:

It’s bizarre.

What is it, Injured or ill?

If he’s ill why hasn’t Dean said he’s recovered from the injury but since become ill. 

Something doesn’t sit right with it. 

He did say that.

It's quite weird that people are trying to manufacture some conspiracy. Could it be that he's actually been ill? No, the club must be lying to us because reasons!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

He did say that.

It's quite weird that people are trying to manufacture some conspiracy. Could it be that he's actually been ill? No, the club must be lying to us because reasons!

Go to youtube and search for John Oliver conspiracy theories. There's a video which explains why people tend towards conspiracies when something big goes wrong. They use the example of the Kennedy assassination attempt (President dies - must be a conspiracy) and the Reagan assassination attempt (President survives - nobody thinks it was a conspiracy).

Essentially Grealish being injured is a big deal for some people and therefore they think that the club are hiding something from them regarding the injury.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The facts are once he has played 100 Premier League games for us we have to pay him a 10 million pound bonus (clause made when Dr Tony was in charge) as he is on 92 games he will be out until game 31 finishing the season on 99 premier games then sold and us gaining a 10 million lift as such on the sale (sale has already been agreed last season and only thing to sort with Man U is length of contract of 5 or 7 years) 

Animated | Pepe Silvia | Know Your Meme

Tinfoil hats - GIF on Imgur

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

WHY DON'T WE TELL ALL OF OUR OPPONENTS EVERYTHING ABOUT WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH OUR PLAYERS?

WHAT'S WRONG WITH US?

WE'RE ACTING LIKE IT'S IMPORTANT TO KEEP TEAMS WE ARE ABOUT TO PLAY IN THE DARK ABOUT OUR SQUAD. IT'S MENTAL. 

Well last time he was out it was pretty similar to this but then when he was finally due back we out his return was all over the ticket adverts a week before.

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Well last time he was out it was pretty similar to this but then when he was finally due back we out his return was all over the ticket adverts a week before.

Something tells me, the club won't be worrying about selling tickets for his return this time around.

I think we'd be very close to going down without Jack Grealish this season. I dont think the problem is that the players around him are awful, it's more our entire style of play is built around him, and of course he's world class. 

I hope we can persuade him to stay this summer, but I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to leave. 

• Like 1

Just now, PaddytheVillan said:

I think we'd be very close to going down without Jack Grealish this season. I dont think the problem is that the players around him are awful, it's more our entire style of play is built around him, and of course he's world class. 

I hope we can persuade him to stay this summer, but I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to leave. 

Yeah that's how I see it. We're so used to everything going through him that when he's not there we're just completely flummoxed.

Â