The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We also wouldn’t bail out so quickly.  Leaving this summer would mean that.

Wouldn't we?

He's hitting the peak of his career. He's been with us since he was a kid. This isn't bailing out quickly. He could have left years ago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He didn't want to leave Everton, well certainly not at this point. Everton pushed him out the door as they needed the cash money.

And they were quick to get rid of him the 2nd time he played for them as well.

3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

And they were quick to get rid of him the 2nd time he played for them as well.

Loyalty goes both ways. Except when it doesn't, or your legs go, or you earn too much money, or you get replaced, or your club needs the money, or the manager doesn't fancy you.

In which case....GTFO.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think that's unfair on Jack.

It's easy for us to say we'd never leave Villa and we'd only want to play for them.

But if any of us were as talented as Jack, with the ability to play for top clubs and win major trophies and play for the national team and earn ludicrous money, I don't think many of us would still choose to stay at Villa for our whole career.

It's not unfair IMO, it's just that words mean something. He can play for us and the national team, earn ludicrous money and he's in a cup final soon. It's not an all with them or nothing with us type situation. I'm not saying what I'd do or what he should do, by the way, just pointing out that placing personal ambition over loyalty, would not be 'bleeding claret and blue'. 

For the record, If we get relegated and he goes, I wouldn't blame him but if we stay up and he does, I'd be pretty disappointed in him. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

It's not unfair IMO, it's just that words mean something. He can play for us and the national team, earn ludicrous money and he's in a cup final soon. It's not an all with them or nothing with us type situation. I'm not saying what I'd do or what he should do, by the way, just pointing out that placing personal ambition over loyalty, would not be 'bleeding claret and blue'. 

For the record, If we get relegated and he goes, I wouldn't blame him but if we stay up and he does, I'd be pretty disappointed in him. 

Well then that just depends on your definition of "bleeds claret and blue". Which is entirely subjective.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lexicon said:

So far by being here he hasn't played for the National team, he doesn't earn ludicrous money (by Premier league standards for a player with his ability) however i concede the point about the cup final (although if being honest we played Liverpool's youth and I would argue didn't deserve to beat Leicester over the 2 legs). That is not pessimistic it is just the truth

Jack needs at this point in his career to be at a club that is competing in Europe and challenging for domestic honours. I would only be disappointed if he moved from us and went to a club that wasn't "up there". It is down to the owners to talk to him if we stay up and prove to him that we have a plan that he is central to and we are going places.

I would be devastated to lose Jack and do not want to see him leave however appreciate that it may be too hard to keep hold of him. If he does leave I would never have a bad word to say about him and would wish him well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Loyalty goes both ways. Except when it doesn't, or your legs go, or you earn too much money, or you get replaced, or your club needs the money, or the manager doesn't fancy you.

In which case....GTFO.

The stupid thing about demanding loyalty is it only happens when someone is good. 

No one demanded Heskey needed to be loyal. No one wanted Mcleish to be loyal and stay forever. 

Yet people would be disappointed in Jack and think he doesn't bleed claret and blue if he went. 

Ridiculous. 

29 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The stupid thing about demanding loyalty is it only happens when someone is good. 

No one demanded Heskey needed to be loyal. No one wanted Mcleish to be loyal and stay forever. 

Yet people would be disappointed in Jack and think he doesn't bleed claret and blue if he went. 

Ridiculous. 

Your Mrs has just left you for the Milkman. But you're OK with that I guess?

After all you dumped that fat girl with the acne at the prom...

Edited by Mazrim
  • Like 1

I have no idea, what Jacks personal feelings are on staying or leaving, which will be paramount in the final decision.

However, I am not suffiently confident, we will receive enough money, to buy players to compensate for his loss.

The 64 million dollar question is.....will we be better off with him gone and the money or better off with him and no money?

Aston Villa's future must come first.

ps we don't want another Dwight Yorke or Ashley Young scenario...once or twice bitten, twice shy.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Yes, of course he would. 

Hes a big fish in the villa pond, grew up at bodymoor heath. Teams like manure have a completely different environment and not a good one ATM, he would be very wise to tread with caution with his next move. Either way we should wait until after the Euro's to start any negotiation on a price and thats if he wants to go .

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Ridiculous. 

Comparing Heskey and Mcleish, to homegrown (Villa through and through) talent which could turn out to be the best player we have ever had, yeah seems legit.

I'll ask again, have Aston Villa done anything for Jack Grealish? Do we have any responsibility in Jack Grealish development, career and profile?

This is his first (2/3rds of) a season playing consistently in the Premier League.

To slightly address the other angle, clubs actually DO tend to take care of their homegrown players who remain loyal in one capacity or another.

If you were "shit" at any job in the world, no, no one would care as much about your loyalty.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I have no idea, what Jacks personal feelings are on staying or leaving, which will be paramount in the final decision.

However, I am not suffiently confident, we will receive enough money, to buy players to compensate for his loss.

The 64 million dollar question is.....will we be better off with him gone and the money or better off with him and no money?

Aston Villa's future must come first.

ps we don't want another Dwight Yorke or Ashley Young scenario...once or twice bitten, twice shy.

If that were the question, we'd be better off with the money IMO.  

Is it the question though? If we can keep him, we still have plenty of money, but we may not be able to spend much of it.

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

And Giannis has just started talking about other big teams.

The bucks haven't done anything amazing keeping him at this point. He becomes a free agent in 2021 and has not signed an extension or confirmed he will 

Superstars want to play for big teams. It's a huge challenge to keep them. 

I disagree. There isn't the same notion of "big teams" in the NBA as there is in football. The biggest market is probably the Knicks, but they've been probably the worst team in the league if you aggregate the last decade.

Right now, Giannis has probably the best shot of winning a championship on the Bucks compared to any other team. When big players move around as free agents, it has more to do with who's also making moves rather than how big the team is as seen with KD and Kyrie with the Nets or Kawhi and Paul George with the Clippers. If Wes and the Bucks show they're still committed to fighting for titles, I'm sure Giannis will stay. Not sure this applies to the same degree with Jack as there's always the lure of the "big" clubs, regardless of how ambitious we may claim to be.

Â