The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Do you get paid 50 k plus per week to play with those shit players, if you did, would it soften the blow?

Is the team you play for deeply entrenched in your family history?

Has that team been instrumental in your development and given you a platform to become the player you are while earning top coin?

Do the fans love you?

Is the "Owner" of your team a powerful multibillionaire who has promised that things will improve with further investment in better players, and you are aiming to be among the elite clubs in Europe, whilst getting you even richer in the process?

Etc Etc Etc

Nah, but it's frustrating playing with people beneath your ability. Its a game first and foremost, he'll want to play with players his level.

I hope we can buy them.

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, BigJim said:

If that were the question, we'd be better off with the money IMO.  

Is it the question though? If we can keep him, we still have plenty of money, but we may not be able to spend much of it.

Interesting

I kinda meant, would we be able to spend on 3/4 players wisely?

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Left years ago to a team lower than us probably, it’s only in the last year or two that bigger teams have noticed him with only Spurs putting some money in front of us.

So being with us since a kid, all the investment we have put in over the last twenty years and then leaving after a couple years of progressively showing his talent and this the first year properly in the PL....yes that would be bailing.  We aren’t a club that should be developing talent for them to leave so quickly when they show real talent.

As for me....NO....my dream as a Villa kid was to lead Villa to glory, it was never my dream to play for Villa and then as soon as I showed my talent to bugger off to another club.  As a fan I would’ve loved to help Villa, lead Villa back to heights.  Realistically I know moving to a bigger club would likely be likely if I was that good but not at the first real whiff it wasn’t...he’s only 24, even if he left at the end of next season he would only be 25... to help his boyhood club climb back up the table....well it would’ve been my dream

but its not quite like that Nick.....The kid is literally carrying us on his own and has been for some time.....that is the responsibility of the club.

He will know, if there is a likely hood of it changing, for him to have some help.....and I guess the question will be in his heart ,when he makes his decision.

I am as frustarted as you, on this, because I think he is the best player we have had in recent years.

There is no one at the club, that comes close to carrying the ball, like him.....that is disappointing, to say no one comes even close...but they don't.

We couldn't attract a player, like Jack.....such is where we are.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

but its not quite like that Nick.....The kid is literally carrying us on his own....that is the responsibility of the club.

He will know, if there is a likely hood of it changing, for him to have some help.....and I guess it will be in his heart ,when he makes his decision.

I am as frustarted as you, on this, because I think he is the best player we have had in recent years.

There is no one at the club, that comes close to carrying the ball, like him.....that is disappointing, to say no one comes even close...but they don't.

We couldn't attract a player, like Jack.....such is where we are.

But this season was about survival.  The summer was basically buying a whole new squad and that still cost 140m.  If we survive, maybe we have the chance to buy 4 or 5 players that can make a difference for next season to help Jack as we won’t have to buy a whole new squad this summer.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Do you get paid 50 k plus per week to play with those shit players, if you did, would it soften the blow?

Has that team been instrumental in your development and given you a platform to become the player you are while earning top coin?

Do the fans love you?

Is the "Owner" of your team a powerful multibillionaire who has promised that things will improve with further investment in better players, and you are aiming to be among the elite clubs in Europe, whilst getting you even richer in the process?

Etc Etc Etc

He is closer to it than us JV.....I would suspect, that will be the question he is asking himself....are we capable of signing better players?

Our current league position & FFP, is making it questionable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But this season was about survival.  The summer was basically buying a whole new squad and that still cost 140m.  If we survive, maybe we have the chance to buy 4 or 5 players that can make a difference for next season to help Jack as we won’t have to buy a whole new squad this summer.

I agree, and that is why, survival is so,so important.

If we go down, it will set us back years.....even the cheeky so and so's from Smethwick are talking abou taking John McGinn, such is the predatory nature of all this.

It was all about survival, this season.....but I honestly thought we would have made a less stressful job of it, perhaps finishing 14th/15th....now I would svap your hand off for 17th

but I kid you not, if we do stay up , but continue doing the same things we will be in the same mire next season.

some of The players we buy in the summer, assuming we stay up, need to be able to help us stop the opposition and be able to secure a 1-0 win on occasions.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Nick, just being devils advocate......what if we never had much money to spend last summer, what if the league money was consumed by club deb'ts.

What would have happened then, would the promotion have just been in vain.

just saying a what if?

ps I do understand the **** we got ourselves in, worse than we thought.

Edited by TRO

I don't think Jack will leave in the summer regardless of whether we get relegated or not providing the owners come up with a 'really' ambitious plan. I Also believe that both Jack and the owners have already agreed this!

I agree 100% with JV!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Do the fans love you?

Etc Etc Etc

Spot on! Jack won't 'jump' ship and we have no need to sell him

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

He is closer to it than us JV.....I would suspect, that will be the question he is asking himself....are we capable of signing better players?

Our current league position & FFP, is making it questionable.

FFP will disappear up its own a**e when Man City win their appeal....our owners already know this!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I hope you are right.

Its inevitable that Man City will win their appeal with their 'financial clout''.......no doubt on that whatsoever. Moreover they are kindly testing the waters saving us a small fortune in the process!  Subsequently the floodgates will open and will be able to spend whatever we want!   Do you seriously believe that the owners would have purchased our great club  without knowing that FFP was extremely 'life limited'.....?

8 hours ago, lexicon said:

Basketball and football are very different, though. I'd also say that it's not working 'perfectly' as the Bucks are too much of a one-man team and don't have the depth to win the playoffs - they're a very good regular season team.

I already mentioned that they're different sports and I acknowledge that they cannot be compared as such. What I'm saying is that Edens is Edens in US and UK... Villa is therefore different from before. I don't think case Milner etc. mean anything at this point. 

(...and maybe not perfectly until this year, but yeah :))

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Interesting

I kinda meant, would we be able to spend on 3/4 players wisely?

If keeping Jack meant we couldn't invest seriously in new players due to FFP, then we'd be better off with the money, provided, as you say, we could spend it wisely.

I really don't want to believe this is the case though. If we stay up, I think we'll find ways to spend on the sort of players Jack and the rest of us will approve of.

7 hours ago, DCJonah said:

And Giannis has just started talking about other big teams.

The bucks haven't done anything amazing keeping him at this point. He becomes a free agent in 2021 and has not signed an extension or confirmed he will 

Superstars want to play for big teams. It's a huge challenge to keep them. 

It is. But the intent from Eden's part is there. Their GM has said the money is on the table when they are allowed to start talking. That's a million a week. Dollars of course, but anyways.

6 hours ago, lexicon said:

It's not unfair IMO, it's just that words mean something. He can play for us and the national team, earn ludicrous money and he's in a cup final soon. It's not an all with them or nothing with us type situation. I'm not saying what I'd do or what he should do, by the way, just pointing out that placing personal ambition over loyalty, would not be 'bleeding claret and blue'. 

For the record, If we get relegated and he goes, I wouldn't blame him but if we stay up and he does, I'd be pretty disappointed in him. 

That would be disappointing also because it would be a signal, even if not a very strong one, that Villa isn't highly ambitious.

30 minutes ago, CharlieAitken59 said:

Its inevitable that Man City will win their appeal with their 'financial clout''.......no doubt on that whatsoever. Moreover they are kindly testing the waters saving us a small fortune in the process!  Subsequently the floodgates will open and will be able to spend whatever we want!   Do you seriously believe that the owners would have purchased our great club  without knowing that FFP was extremely 'life limited'.....?

If we stay up and the club is put for up for sale. Wouldn’t the owners already make a significant return on their investment?  Genuine question. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

5 hours ago, TRO said:

I have no idea, what Jacks personal feelings are on staying or leaving, which will be paramount in the final decision.

However, I am not suffiently confident, we will receive enough money, to buy players to compensate for his loss.

The 64 million dollar question is.....will we be better off with him gone and the money or better off with him and no money?

Aston Villa's future must come first.

ps we don't want another Dwight Yorke or Ashley Young scenario...once or twice bitten, twice shy.

We just spent 140 million and have nothing to show for it. So... we might make some good purchases, but I wouldn't let a gem like Jack go. I'd build around him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I disagree. There isn't the same notion of "big teams" in the NBA as there is in football. The biggest market is probably the Knicks, but they've been probably the worst team in the league if you aggregate the last decade.

Right now, Giannis has probably the best shot of winning a championship on the Bucks compared to any other team. When big players move around as free agents, it has more to do with who's also making moves rather than how big the team is as seen with KD and Kyrie with the Nets or Kawhi and Paul George with the Clippers. If Wes and the Bucks show they're still committed to fighting for titles, I'm sure Giannis will stay. Not sure this applies to the same degree with Jack as there's always the lure of the "big" clubs, regardless of how ambitious we may claim to be.

Your point is very valid mate.

Â